Forums

Help › Forums

A Reliable Putting Distance Formula

Mon, May 29 2017 10:19 PM (32 replies)
  • simes
    4 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 12:25 PM

my easy rule applies to slow greens... ball above the hole add a foot per inch and if below deduct a foot per inch ....add one foot....very fast greens....subtract one foot... and it doesnt matter how much the putt swings allow for the break but keep the distance.

so... 15 foot putt 3 inches above on slow greens = 19 foot power.

or... 15 foot putt 3 inches below on very fast greens = 11 foot power.

hope this is useful

• Beatty167
    16 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:02 AM

The reason all of you people aren't successful in life is that you waste your time on bs like this game

• golfer342
    132 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 11:43 AM

Beatty167:

The reason all of you people aren't successful in life is that you waste your time on bs like this game

You should post then drink...not the other way around!

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 3:43 PM

Funny on so many levels...

So, how long you been on the rich list?

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 4:13 PM

JuanMendoza:
    So, how long you been on the rich list?

chuckle. Maybe it's Warren Beatty?

Must out myself, hi everybody, Rupert Murdoch here.

• Beatty167
    16 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 7:46 AM

Lol get a life

• paulshack
    281 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 1:25 PM

mod should delete all those dumb posts above but this thread shouldnt go unnoticed...

helped my putting ALOT!!!!!!

especially from longer distances (20 ft + )

gets it close

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 2:03 PM

i find on TM tournement greens

take the distance add or minus the elevation or depression then multiply by 0.80.6

ie. 20 feet 3 inches up (20+3) times .80 =18.4 feet

20 feet 3 inches down (20-3)times 0.80=13.6 feet

as long as on line will put you within 3 feet 95%+ of the time

• bisaacs1963
    52 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:29 PM

SgtDoodles:

Your formula for tournament greens doesn't cover the 3 different tournament greens. There are Tour Master Ranked Round tournament greens (in-between), Ready-Go tournament greens (slightly slower) and Legend Ranked Round tournament greens (slightly faster). I can confirm with other experienced players these three are slightly different. Which of the three did you use to make these calculations?

Wish I could help you there Sarge, but my slate is blank.  As I said, the formula was taught to me by another wgt golfer, so the calculations are not, in fact, my own.  If you discover the adjustment, I'd appreciate a post here letting everyone know.

• bisaacs1963
    52 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:32 PM

birdwell:

I find that If you add the 2 ft. of power to get it past the hole Before subtracting the percentage (or actually I multiply by .7 or .8 or whatever - same thing, just easier to do on a calculator) you will get more consistent results over various distances - you won't be blowing that 7 footer by the hole and that 17 footer will still get there nicely.

I'll try that out and post my experience back on here.  That thought has occurred to me, but I got into the habit of the way I do it, so....  

Thanks for the tip!

RSS