Forums

Help › Forums

Knuckheads Looking for West Coast Big Hitters

Sun, Jan 10 2021 8:51 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Knuckwood
    443 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 7:04 AM

The Knuckheads are making waves and we can use some help to continue our progress. Our group of 33 is now ranked 53rd in Turf Wars and 36th in Clashes. We clued into Telegram and that brings our international group together to chat about tips and advice, and plan our Clashes with intricate strategy to win. If you play in Tokyo or Bellagio, you know who we are. Our avatar says it all: In Their Face!

Our European group is hard core, and they all show up when it matters most. We can use more help on the West Coast so that we can play Clashes round-the-clock, always getting our 11 Clashes in for the record. We have been doing pretty good, we want to do better.

Looking for Legends and Champs, that want to help the Team when the lower Tiers seek advice. We find that Telegram delivers when it comes to being active in the Club. It works, and we make it work better.

As the Owner, I am also the Sponsor. I recruit Tour Pros and Masters that venture into Tokyo to try their luck. The new recruits are for real, and I go out of my way to make sure they have the right tools for the job. That is instant gratification, and they return the favour by being super active in our Plan to Win. It means a lot to me to have a good stable of support players, because they will get better and they all want to be a big hitter.

If you know jeanniejef, then you know that we can put up 10s of millions in Turf Wars. If we had another like him on the West Coast, you can imagine the power of the Knuckhead Machine. It works well, we just want it to work better.

If you think you can help us, our Clubhouse door is wide open. Just walk in.

• Jeanniejef
    834 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 9:09 AM

I’ve only been at Knuckheads for a few weeks but can vouch for Kev the owner and his team . A friendly group within a well run club. Great cc tourneys with credit prizes, good banter and help on Telegram messenger and club is competitive in TW and clash. A club that is definitely going places and having fun whilst doing it.

• Musicate
    22 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 9:30 AM

Having recently joined the Knuckheads I have found that everything Knuckwood posted about the club is true. The club is well organised, extremely welcoming and supportive and I have enjoyed my experience so far. Knuckwood is forward thinking, ambitious and a very generous club owner. You’ve got nothing to lose by giving us a try. 

• Knuckwood
    443 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2020 9:34 PM

So we got lucky and got a good start for the west coast. Now we need to balance out and help the Europe block with some additional help. We have a game plan. We have a good crew. And we have good trainers.

The core group of players use Telegram, this is a must-have if you want to join up with us.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2020 1:22 PM

Knuckwood:
    The core group of players use Telegram, this is a must-have if you want to join up with us.

Sorry but I am a discord user.

• Knuckwood
    443 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2020 3:43 PM

Why not try it for a bit, no harm. Easy peasy switch. We went to Telegram because the core group had been on discord and found telegram to be better,

• Knuckwood
    443 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2020 9:51 PM

Players are coming one at a time, nice and cool, calm, collected. The pace is understandable. Hard core addicts of this game need to find the right comfort zone, and that comes in a few ways. The best asset we have is members that play in the rooms well above the their usual levels, and they win. The Knuckhead prospects understand that this game is learnt, and they learn. And using Telegram is the best way to keep the Team tight, focused and winning. Top 50 in Wars and Clashes means that the gang of 40 is doing great.

Join us. Knuckheads CC

• Knuckwood
    443 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2020 10:37 AM

Thought I would throw this at board and see if it sticks. Currently in 24th position in this week's Clash, 40 of us.

How to play in a Clash

A funny thing happened on the way to the golf course yesterday. Somebody asked if playing H2H during Clashes help the Clashes. Another asked what was a Blue Pass. Another asked how do clashes work.

I get it. The big country clubs that are at Level 19 have be doing this for a long time. To them. it is all about how big a trophy room you got. As a Director of an unorganized CC without an active Owner, I had access to the Super Passes. I just used them, because I could. Then the Knuckheads are born and I got schooled about Clashes the hard way. Not getting it right has cost the Club at least 4 serious Clash players. Clashes are about keeping the Club tight, and calculating our victories with organized and strategic plans.

This is what I know. This is why our Club is now ranked better than 30th in Clashes. At this time, we are a Top Rated Club and the big boys know who we are. That's what happens when we get IN THEIR FACE!

Clashes happen every two weeks religiously. They last for two days, and each Match in a Clash lasts 4 hours. With good time management, we can get 11 matches into the Point Total. They start at midnight PST, and run Thursday/Friday.

PRACTICE

During Clash week, we try to predict which course will be used in Clash and set up tournaments, then throw winds and tournament greens onto the deal. Usually we set up CTTH (Closest to the Hole) tourneys and just a plain jane tough as nails 9 hole. We do that for practice, to get ready, to figure out new tricks to better your game if that green ever shows up again.

Words of Advice: CTTH Club Tourneys are good practice for Tie Breakers in H2H. All about the Tie Breakers, and how important your wedges are to you.

Clash Matches

The Clashes are won and lost by Point Total. When you win a Match, you get points for winning and points for individual hot shots like longest putt and longest holed shot (in the hole from outside of green). As a Team, there are points for best % sand saves (get a par or better after landing in bunker), total putting distance (add up all the putting distances for each round played by Team members), % birdie made, and % green in regulation.

There are Points for Top 10 Scores, and they are factored for bonuses. So, if you get the top round, or #1 spot, you get your points multiplied by 6. #2 is 5, #3 is 4, #4 is 3, and the rest are 2x.

Points are given for every result, you do not get points deducted. A quadruple bogey still gets you 1 point. That 1 point goes to the Team total. And that helps the Team.

You get 5 points for a par, 12 points for a birdie, and 25 points for an eagle. You get 2 points for a bogey, and 1 point for everything else.

If your round is in the Top 10, then multiply your point total by the position multiplier.

You need to use a Club Pass to record your results for the Team.

Super (Blue) Passes

Every Club gets 12 Super Passes to start the Clash. The Club gets an additional 1 Free Super Pass every time we win a Turf War. Winning Turf Wars is important, and so is getting to the next Turf War as fast as possible. We have an active Club, nearly everybody plays every day, and more than once. That means we can grind out nearly 90 H2H wins in less than 24 hours. That translates to more than 2 wins for every member of the Club. We need to keep that rate going, as a good stretch of Turf War wins might get us 6 extra Super Passes. It does not matter what room you play in, a win is a win, we just need wins.

We also get 2 more Super Passes at the beginning of each Match.

Super Passes are used by the best players in the Club. The Super Passes will DOUBLE the point total for the round. The Top #1 spot would therefore multiply by a factor of 12 if a Super Pass is used. We have 8 Veterans and 5 Directors that have this privilege. We have been adding Veterans if the Member shows a dedication to play as a Team member. We remove Veterans if they do not play as a Team member. Worse things can happen if you do not play as a Team member. (yes, that is a veiled threat)

Now for the background on how the Club plans to play the Super Passes. Every Clash Match is different. Sometimes we play really Big Clubs, and most of the time we don't. The Law of Averages kicks in, when we are in Top 50. When you add up all the Super Passes, we can budget 3 or 4 SPs per Match, or 1 per hour. The timing to use a Pass can be critical. Never play all the Passes at once near the beginning. You have to test the waters first. The stuff hits the fan if all the big hitters show up at the end of the Match and you have nothing left to throw at them. In the very rarest case, a 5th SP can be used if a victory is at hand. This is not a gamble, it has to be a sure thing. Sometimes life sucks and you do a bad round. So be it, you tried. Best discuss this with other Veterans when that moment arises and a call shot needs to be made.

Club (Grey) Passes

Success is measured by the quantity of members that will play rounds in the Clash. People complain that the results of a Clash will screw up their average. We know that. That's why we have practice tourneys for the Clash, to help us move up the ladder of 'better golfers'. In the meantime, lower Tier players might struggle. The simple rules of golf apply here. Keep it simple. Keep your ball on the fairway (play safe, lay up if you have to, do not try new things). Reach the green in regulation (do not try to get fancy and end up in the rough or the bunker, play for a safe land).

More importantly, do not get all wound up because you just played your worst rounds in months. It is a competition, and the best Team wins. Playing well during a Clash is just good timing, a bit of luck, and a will to win. The rest of it is pure hard work. For 48 hours, our Team gets to work as a Team. The closer our Team members are to each other, the better we can make our victories feel like we own the Podium. The Club is going through an important phase right now. We need to continue down this path that we have started to build.

If you want to be a hard core Club member, all Tiers included, you need to join us in Telegram. We want to help you get better as golfers. As friends, we can cheer you through bad games, joke about how bad things could get, and, most importantly, provide life advice if you want it. Lots of grey hairs in the Club, there is a rumour that there might be some wisdom to be found.

Knuckheads CC

• Knuckwood
    443 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2020 6:49 PM

Okay, so we made it to 19th with 42 members. Still looking for some help. We need some heavy weight to really crank it out! make it to 15th would be awesome!

And we just made Top 50 Weekly XP earned! Didn't last 24 hrs but we made it! We will keep on trying!

• Knuckwood
    443 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2020 11:38 AM

So, for those that were not looking, the Knuckheads made it to 11th spot on the last Clash. It was very pleasant and rewarding to hear from so many players and Club Owners, respecting what I am doing in such short amount of time.

Nothing like taking an opportunity and double down on the Plan. So we treat all our Club members to a type of boot camp that favours Clashes.No pressure like peer pressure. So for the next bit while we shine up for the next Clash, I am launching an in-house rivalry. Yup, half the Club versus the other half, to see who gets the bragging rights going into the next Clash. I just love the competition where we get to be IN THEIR FACE!

I have not even got the Club tournament set up yet and the banter has already started: the Day Shift claims they can beat the Night Shift. Well, well, well. Look at what we have here!

I had a quick answer. Our Club is not at 50 yet, and I am still recruiting.

So, if you want to join a Club that plays for fun so that we can defend ourselves trying for the Top 10 position in Clashes, AND help out the Night Shift in our in-house tournament, I sure could use some help from some West Coast Big Hitters. How good a Big Hitter? Easy, check out stats for  Jeanniejef , he's my competition. LOL

Friend me, let's talk.

Kevin @Knuckwood (Telegram)

• PAGES
RSS