Forums

Help › Forums

can you get rid of big box when aiming on a putt?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 5 2020 5:56 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bigjohndough
    69 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2020 7:10 PM

can you get rid of big box when aiming on a putt?

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 3:25 AM

NOPE....Maybe my biggest complaint with the "New" version...I call it the "Billboard"!!

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 6:12 AM

the new version sucks

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 7:41 AM

petrieboy:

the new version sucks

It's really not that bad. There are some things I don't like, like the above mentioned. Putting is the biggest difference for me but I have only played a few times. Will change over for good when flash is gone. Either way I only play 1 or 2 rounds a day so it dont matter which version I play. It's a great time killer. Cheers

• AZWillieB
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 7:59 AM

Please identify the platform you're playing on.  PC or mobile device.  I'm not sure what 'big box' refers to ... is a screenshot possible? ... I only play on a PC  and other than the aiming marker itself don't see any 'big box' ... What I wonder is why the overhead map is stacked up with the mulligan button and the TopGolf statistics window ... Is this to cater to the mobile players because they don't have as much screen real estate to choose from when deciding where to put these things ...

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 3:41 PM

No, the big box provides several different aim points. If you get rid of it, you lose those. Better to take some time and learn how to putt on the new version instead of trying to get them to make it more like the inferior flash version. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2020 12:47 PM

For those asking for a screen shot to understand the issue.
    This is what the 'Reverse Putt' View looks like on Mobile/PCEA/Steam.
    - The LH side is what the game currently looks like. As you can see the Aim Box which shows the distance and elevation change is above the hole and therefore blocks a clear view of your putting line to the hole.
    - The RH side is my simple "mocked up" idea of how to correct it.

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2020 1:59 PM

I have always just moved it out of the way after calculating speed and then began reading putts. What I find more annoying is that I move it off to the right and there isn’t much room with the greens button over there, it switches me sometimes when I don’t want to switch and during a coin game that can be crucial time. 

i say, yes it is annoying but just move it out of the way to read the putt.  

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2020 2:25 PM

MarchieB:

For those asking for a screen shot to understand the issue.
    This is what the 'Reverse Putt' View looks like on Mobile/PCEA/Steam.
    - The LH side is what the game currently looks like. As you can see the Aim Box which shows the distance and elevation change is above the hole and therefore blocks a clear view of your putting line to the hole.
    - The RH side is my simple "mocked up" idea of how to correct it.

Hey. I think I have been vocal about also not liking the aim box on reverse view putting. I do really like this solution. I have some concerns that with some camera angles it could bury the box under the swing meter. Still worth exploring for sure. 

_CHAMPION 

• KILLER52
    749 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2020 2:32 PM

ya think?

lol

• PAGES
RSS