Help › Forums

Someone help me with equipments

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 13 2020 9:30 AM (5 replies)
  • Ka9shk
    33 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 1:36 AM

Hello everyone,

I am back to this game after 2-3 year hiatus due to being stuck at home cause of virus.

this time I found out about the forum. I read it regularly to improve my game thanks to all of you kind people. Its cause of y'all only that I bought Ping Level 59 irons which changed my game drastically. I need few more equipment advise too which I can't get cause all posts have old equipment advise.

I just became master 2 days ago

so here it goes,

Putter ; which one should I buy ?

Level 59 sabertooth or level 70 scotty Cameron X 6 

stats of sabertooth are much better. I am an off ding player I analyse the wind and without moving flag post I hit it. I am correct 60-70% of the time.

also, my older level 6 level 7 Cleveland wedges are suddenly falling short idk why.

which should I buy?

Callaway PM Grind level level 66 which have better meter or titelsit vokey level level 74

thank you in advance.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 2:37 PM

Personally at your Level, L-80, I would get the three top wedges and dump that hybird.

Then work on a Driver and 3 Wood . Players go to Tour Champion with low level putters

• TeslaNole
    8 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 10:50 PM

I have the L59 Sabertooth and after well over a week with it, I placed it in storage, so to speak, earlier today, and reverted to the starter putter. The Sabertooth has great stats on paper, but I just couldn't play well with it. The meter is very jumpy, accelerating very suddenly and dramatically just before the ding. (I am a ding putter.) I'd usually be late, but if I tried to time the jump of the meter, I would instead end up hitting too early. Actually hitting the ding, even on a relatively short putt, was pretty unusual. I also don't like the fact that the scale is usually 15 feet by default. I prefer a 30 foot scale, which provides enough precision for me while usually allowing a relatively short "wind up," which, in turn, results in a slower meter. I can't tell you how many times I thought I was on the 30 foot scale only to find that I was using he 15 foot one and that I had applied only half the necessary power. It's a pity you can't tell it which scale you want to appear by default every time.

After going back to the starter putter, I immediately went and posted a 63 on Kiawah, with much better performance on the greens. So, I will stick with the starter for a while. Perhaps I will return to the Sabertooth sometime in the future. At least I own it now, and it's the only purchase I regret so far. I might try the L70 Cameron when I reach that level - probably later this week - 

I agree with the suggestion of dropping the hybrid and going with a third wedge. I have the high 20s/low 30s level Titleist Vokeys, 56, 60 and 64 degrees, and they are real weapons. They weren't cheap, especially considering that they were my first purchase, but I think they were well worth it. I am actually giving some thought to ditching my 3W, which I rarely use even now that I am on the Master tees, and getting the 52 degree wedge in the same series. With a rating of 105 yards, it would be a useful club to fill the gap between the 56 degree wedge, at 90 yards, and my 115-yard PW.

• Ka9shk
    33 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 11:55 PM

yeah ill be buying the level 85 mavrik driver.

and 3wood will ne next

and I also posted about which wedge 

vokey level 74 or PM Grind level 66 

which one should I buy ?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 9:26 AM

Ka9shk:

yeah ill be buying the level 85 mavrik driver.

and 3wood will ne next

and I also posted about which wedge 

vokey level 74 or PM Grind level 66 

which one should I buy ?

Here is a Comparison of the 2 clubs. I like the L-74 as you can get a lob wedge 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 9:30 AM

Good Wedges cut strokes off your game, once you get used to them. I usually don't have to add spin as they kick back anyway. You want that Forgiveness and precision 

RSS