Help › Forums

Showdown wind

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 5 2020 1:39 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 11:24 AM

Final,round , 30 mph wind against at St. Andrews and with my clubs and reasonable balls and still can’t get anywhere near the green in three , on par five , Really ! 

• Spencie33
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 1:50 PM
    I feel your pain ,your lucky you can play the showdown ,all mine keeps saying is connection issue and loading takes an age then forfeits me ,horrendous update but this lot ,never happened before ,end of the day it’s a money making machine for them ,no thought for others ,
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 4:08 PM
    At least you got to play. I was sitting at -7, awaiting for my next set of 3, got tired of waiting, exited out and got a message that my round is over and the game gave me bogeys for my final holes. Pissed is an understatement
  • GarterSnake
    112 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 8:59 PM
    Same thing happened to me, but I never even got the message. Waiting forever to find and opponent, canceled, and then found after my next round that I got 3 bogies. WTF?
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 9:46 PM
    Links golf in Scotland. St Andrews can be a cupcake, or the wind can blow.
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 10:48 PM

K7JBQ:

+1

And that's why I love golfing on links!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:14 AM

K7JBQ:

And Royal St Georges too, in Kent, on the English Channel, which is the busiest shipping lane in the world, i grew up 25 miles from there, i can vouch for the wind blowing up the channel for some decent English links golf. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 3:22 PM

andwhy67:
    And Royal St Georges too, in Kent, on the English Channel, which is the busiest shipping lane in the world, i grew up 25 miles from there, i can vouch for the wind blowing up the channel for some decent English links golf. 

Speaking of Royal St Georges, is it just me or anyone else also noticed the twin cooling towers of nuclear reactor aren't there any more since some time ago?

Are they really demolished IRL or simply erased in the game by WGT?

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 3:55 PM

pdiehm:
    At least you got to play. I was sitting at -7, awaiting for my next set of 3, got tired of waiting, exited out and got a message that my round is over and the game gave me bogeys for my final holes. Pissed is an understatement

I think if you hit the "cancel" button while searching for an opponent in the game room it treats it as if you forfeited and gives you 3 bogeys.  I think if you simply hit the back arrow in the top left corner it lets you back out without getting charged a forfeit.  I am about 90% sure that is how it works.

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 8:47 PM
    Lol I agree but it is what it is
  • PAGES
RSS