skip nav

Forums

Another wind question

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 10 2020 7:46 AM by DanL24. 3 replies.
  • pdiehm United States
    136 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 7:06 AM
    Are certain balls more affected by wind than others? I am noticing my aiming point for when I used a level 87 titleist....if I use same aiming style for the level 33 callaway it’s getting blown A lot more offline than the 87 ball would.
  • Dex000 United States
    51 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 7:51 AM

Yes.

• YankeeJim United States
    25,515 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 7:53 AM

Without question, yes. The best way I can illustrate it is by pointing out the major difference between TMs and Titleists-the TMs play like cotton where the Titleists play like a weighted ball. I play that 87T.

I played the TMs for a month when they first came out then  switched to the Titleist to see the difference. It only took 1 ball to see it-they flew true where those TMs would get knocked about, mostly down. IDK about those Callaways but I suspect they're in the same class as the TMs.

• DanL24 United States
    49 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 7:46 AM

pdiehm:
    Are certain balls more affected by wind than others? I am noticing my aiming point for when I used a level 87 titleist....if I use same aiming style for the level 33 callaway it’s getting blown A lot more offline than the 87 ball would.

I think the only difference is the spin rating of various balls.  Higher spin balls impacted more by the wind, especially if you add backspin to the shot which results in an even higher ball flight (more time in the air to be exposed to the wind).

RSS