Forums

Help › Forums

equipment

Thu, Jul 2 2020 8:09 PM (9 replies)
  • Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 1:00 PM
    Well it’s only a 2 yard difference so not much in it really. And if you’re on mobile they may have a higher level “hat”..
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 6:55 PM
    Yep, and don't forget the spin factor
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 8:17 PM

Apparel Bonus Enhancement. That's what it is.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2020 10:27 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

A friend of mine, we both use the same driver, same ball, and same level apparel, but I outdrive him by a minimum of 5-15 yards every time, and that’s no joke. He pleaded to wgt with no result, good thing he’s great at putting, thus offset the shorter drives.

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2020 5:52 PM
    SlickHunter:

SimonTheBeetle:

A friend of mine, we both use the same driver, same ball, and same level apparel, but I outdrive him by a minimum of 5-15 yards every time, and that’s no joke. He pleaded to wgt with no result, good thing he’s great at putting, thus offset the shorter drives.

He probably has better “spin” On his drives.
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 8:01 PM

Angle to the wind, spin, trajectory, and several other factors come into drives. Unless you both hit it exactly the same (which is very unlikely), you can't really determine which club has more distance. If the other player is a friend, you might want to ask them some questions to help you learn how to hit it longer.

Brett

• verdexon
    239 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 8:09 PM

SlickHunter:

SimonTheBeetle:

It's the app. shot that counts .............not the dr. !!

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 9:12 PM

balmerino:
    Am i being ripped off by WGT or am i missing something here.

You're a Tour Champion with a Driving Accuracy of 84.60%.  It appears that what you're missing is the fairway.

Sorry... couldn't resist 😎

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 5:59 AM

The  original R-1 driver is one heck of a driver.Note that it is an 8 degree med/high driver. your driver is either a 9 or 10 degree high trajectory club. The R-1 sacrifices some loft for distance.

RSS