Forums

Help › Forums

Is there a way to disable changing of clubs?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 26 2020 5:43 AM (7 replies)
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 10:36 AM

Just played a round, sitting at -5 on Pebble, had a horrible approach, left myself with a 20' birdie putt.  Changed to the 20' scale in reverse mode, switched back and hit my putt, but it changed it to the 50' scale when I changed camera's.  naturally i flew way past the hole.

Is there a way to disable this so the game doesn't decide what club I need to use?

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 11:33 AM

You can do it with an AutoHotkey script.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 12:41 PM

pdiehm:

Just played a round, sitting at -5 on Pebble, had a horrible approach, left myself with a 20' birdie putt.  Changed to the 20' scale in reverse mode, switched back and hit my putt, but it changed it to the 50' scale when I changed camera's.  naturally i flew way past the hole.

Is there a way to disable this so the game doesn't decide what club I need to use?

If you have a game mouse you can disable the wheel. Thats what I do

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 12:57 PM

pdiehm:

I don't know if this would make you feel better but you're not the only one doing it. I still make this blunder quite often even after playing the bloody game over 4 years now.

Unfortunately, there's no way to disable it if you're playing on mobile. The only thing you can do is after setting up everything, aiming, switching views back and forth, you wanna make sure and double check, at the very end, right before executing the shot, the scale (or the club) is the one you want.

BTW isn't this what caddies are for? I mean... when this kind of unintended things happen, your caddie's there for you, spot and warn it to you, rather than handing a wrong club as he does the whole time? :-/

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 3:06 PM

The OP posted this in the MOBILE Forum so I think the answer is NO. Most of, if not all the above answers are more geared to Flash or at least PC play. 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 3:16 PM

Oops!  Thanks Marchie.  ; )

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 4:27 AM

Update...

There is no way to disable this on mobile.  Just had it happen again.  went to reverse view, set my line using the 20' scale, set my power at 48%...went to front, hit my putt, and it put me back on the 50' scale and whaddya know, my putt on 13 greens went flying off the green. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 5:43 AM

pdiehm:
     went to reverse view, set my line using the 20' scale, set my power at 48%...went to front, hit my putt, and it put me back on the 50' scale

Not to sound like a total a**hole but unless you’re using the green “putting tip” helper to decide how hard to hit each putt then you really don’t need to do anything with the putters scale until you are ready to take the putt.
    Look at the putt from whatever views you need to determine the line and calculate the pace, go to whatever view you like to hit your putt from and then choose your scale.
    If you’re using the green “putter tip” then you will just have to get used to double checking your scale just before you hit tour putt.  
    Just an FYI too incase you did not know, if you happen to realize that the scale is wrong and the meter is already moving but you haven’t hit it again for the ding, allow it to go all the way through without touching the screen and take the stroke over.

RSS