Help › Forums

Joining a CC? Advise please

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 28 2020 9:15 AM (6 replies)
  • NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 3:17 AM

Hello golfers, 

as a new player I've been looking around for a good club to join. Preferably within the GMT/CET area, but I'm open to any club with a high level of activity and friendly people. 

Question: does it cost me credits to join? At my first week, I got an invitation and I joined, not being aware they took all my hard earned credits. (my bad). 

As all this is new to me, I'm hoping there are someone out there willing to guide me. 

Cheers!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 8:09 AM

No credits needed to enter a CC, wonder what happened to you?

Look for owners' invitations which indicate that he's active.Requests like yours are frequent, so search for them if you get no reply here.

Look for activity in the CC, tourneys, active players. Many CCs are anabiotic!

You're safe, as you may leave anytime, free of charge.

• SumoWarrior
    21 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2020 12:45 PM

Good Evening (it is in the UK anyway lol) NrEighteen

If you are still looking for a nice friendly, smallish Country Club then look no further.

We have weekly comps that slide in between the fortnightly Clash Events (great experience if you haven't played one before).  I joined this club as a level 90 Tour Pro and reached Legend within 6 months from playing in the regular comps and Clash Events.

We use the Telegram App to communicate with one another and have dedicated chat rooms.

At the last Clash Event we came 8th which is a club record for us.

If you require more details give me a shout.

SumoWarrior

Telegarm Club (yes Telegram is spelt wrong) lol We have plenty of humour!!

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2020 1:03 PM

NrEighteen:
    At my first week, I got an invitation and I joined, not being aware they took all my hard earned credits. (my bad). 

Not sure I follow this comment ?? But curious to know how the CC "Took" your hard earned credits?

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2020 1:16 PM

The Telegram sounds like good fun! I just joined the TPC (The Peoples Club) and they are guiding me through this challenging game in a very good way. 

Golf in rl is so much easier! 
    I´m happy to meet you at the course

cheers! 

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2020 10:50 PM

You joined a club so I am not trying to recruit you.

It is still a good question and deserves a real answer.  Maybe others will learn.

First, is/are the owners/directors active?  If not, you are wasting your time.

2nd, there are different kinds of clubs:

-- clubs with and cater to high end players,

-- clubs that specialize in clashes,

-- clubs that are open to players at all levels,

-- clubs (this can intersect with #1-3) that are more or less intolerant when players take time off

-- clubs that are primarily mobile

-- clubs that where players like to chat ... so must have Discord or Skype

I could probably come up with a few more criteria, but I think I got the bulk of it.

Tom.

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 9:15 AM

Thanks Tom! 
    I’m still learning my way in the game and so far my current club has been very supportive with advice and knowledge. As for many others, the putting is still a bit of a challenge. I’ve got the formulas, but as I prefer using the metric system, there are some converting to do. You don’t happen to know someone in your club that already made their homework converting the putting equation into metrics? It would surely save me some headache:)

cheers!  

RSS