Forums

Help › Forums

New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 3:24 PM
    Solved the problem. I would suggest to give another look to my video Scott and understand what i am trying to point out there. :)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 3:51 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Solved the problem. I would suggest to give another look to my video Scott and understand what i am trying to point out there. :)

Okay, will view them again.  ; )

EDIT :

I know that the course images are not widescreen...

...the one above is 1012 x 828 direct from WGT.

I get it that the images are enlarged to fit the game window and if the game window is widescreen (16:9) then you can't see the top of the picture, I understand all that.

I have also looked at the width of the 'ding' line of a fullscreen game window, and a 1024x768 game window. To me, they appear the same. Have a look at this VIDEO to see what I saw.

• Rhaethorn
    167 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 12:42 AM

-

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 3:45 AM
    ScottHope:

I have also looked at the width of the 'ding' line of a fullscreen game window, and a 1024x768 game window. To me, they appear the same. Have a look at this VIDEO to see what I saw.

You are absolutely correct my friend and i will try to explain what is happening here. The first image is on 1080 resolution and the second one is on1024 x 768 window mode. Yes, the ding lines are the same! Do you remember what i was asking you the other day about my GPU? If you set your resolution to 1024 x 768 and you go fullscreen, 2 things will happen. a) if your GPU is set to disable GPU scaling, you will receive a stretched image, distorted but still with a 2 pixel ding line b) if you enable the GPU scaling but preserve aspect ratio, you will get a 4:3 image with black bars left to right and still 2 pixels ding line. Important note: You CAN'T have a printscreen on B case or record it, cause you will receive a stretched image on both occasions. Instead, i will take a picture with my phone and i will upload it to see...:)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 4:30 AM
    There you go Scott: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M28SlrQbP0
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 8:01 AM

Thank you.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 4:59 AM

ScottHope:
    JD, did you want the resolution settings?  1360 x 768.

TY Scott ....Fullscreen on or off??

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 5:08 AM

I never play using the built-in fullscreen option, so that's off. It's very hostile in my opinion.

The video you commented on though was a stream, and the streaming software removes all the borders from the game window and makes it fit the monitor size, so what you saw, is not how it really appears on my screen.

I do have some little apps which give you a few more resolution options than the game does, if that tickles your fancy.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 3:35 PM

ScottHope:

I never play using the built-in fullscreen option, so that's off. It's very hostile in my opinion.

The video you commented on though was a stream, and the streaming software removes all the borders from the game window and makes it fit the monitor size, so what you saw, is not how it really appears on my screen.

I do have some little apps which give you a few more resolution options than the game does, if that tickles your fancy.

well my issue is... I like fullscreen OFF so I can at least get to my computer home-screen if needed ....BUT when I turn off fullscreen (regardless) of what resolution is set.... it cuts off the bottom of the WGT home-screen  so everything on bottom is not accessible?

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 1:01 AM

JDGHOST:

well my issue is... I like fullscreen OFF so I can at least get to my computer home-screen if needed ....BUT when I turn off fullscreen (regardless) of what resolution is set.... it cuts off the bottom of the WGT home-screen  so everything on bottom is not accessible?

Look at your GPU settings. Set your scaling to 0%. What is the native resolution of your monitor?

• RSS