Forums

Help › Forums

New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 10:17 AM
    YankeeJim:

Extremely useful, Yiannis, you saved me a lot of trial and error. My biggest gripe has always been how out of proportion everything is and from your exercise I can see why. Off to play with my new knowledge.

TYVM, Sir, you're a gentleman and a scholar. Probably know fine Ouzo, too.  ;-)

You are welcome Jim. Not an ouzo fan here...:)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 10:28 AM
    Guys...in order to stretch a 4:3 image on a 16:9 display, keeping as possible the proportion of objects, you need to crop the image on the vertical axis and then stretch it. There is no other way. If you just stretch it (by keeping all the information available), it will be distorted. I ll bring you another example that happens on TV. All TVs have 16:9 aspect ratio today (well almost everyone...). Now, imagine a film with 2,35:1 aspect ratio. If u just play a 2,35 film on a 1,78 display (16:9 = 1,78), you are going to have black bars up and down. Instead the TV producers sometimes decide to crop information on horizontal axis this time in order to create a 1,78 frame and fill the whole display.
  • JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 10:32 AM

ScottHope:

I have probably misunderstood what you are saying Yiannis, but the course images have not been cropped when you play in widescreen. If you watch my little video of a drive from Olympic No. 10, you will see that the camera pans upwards to follow the path of the ball up through the trees. If the course image had been cut off at the top, this would not be visible.

VIDEO.

It is like looking at someone standing outside your front door, through the letterbox. Just because you can't see their legs and head, doesn't mean they've been cut off.  : )

Scott in your video above at Olympic please relay your exact launcher screen setting there..... as mine does Not look like that at all on launcher!!  

Thanks JD

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 11:08 AM

Yiannis, in my video, the image shown in the tee shot pans and zooms up to around 21 seconds, then another image is used up until about 26 seconds, then a third image is used.

JD, did you want the resolution settings?  1360 x 768.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 11:35 AM
    I repeat: Different frames. The first frame on the tee is exactly the same as on my video (cropped). Now, go to 1024 x 768 and do the same drive.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 11:38 AM

ScottHope:
    JD, did you want the resolution settings?  1360 x 768.

That's what I wound up with after running through all the choices I have. Once that 4x3 mode is selected in the game, I was able to get to a tee and then used the Graphics Properties utility on my laptop to scroll through the resolution choices, checking the game after each one to see which one worked right.

Unfortunately, I'm spoiled by the ability to fill the entire screen with the game. In browser full screen mode I only saw black bars down each side, about 1/2" wide. But, since my laptop screen took a powder, I've been playing off a much larger monitor via the HDML port and trying to fill that with the new version just ain't happening. :-(

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 1:26 PM

Yiannis1970:
    I repeat: Different frames. The first frame on the tee is exactly the same as on my video (cropped). Now, go to 1024 x 768 and do the same drive.

Okay, here it is again Yiannis. VIDEO.

I'm beginning to think we have got our wires crossed, probably because of the language differences.

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 1:33 PM

YankeeJim:
    But, since my laptop screen took a powder, I've been playing off a much larger monitor via the HDML port and trying to fill that with the new version just ain't happening. :-(

You might be able to fill your larger monitor with the task manager fullscreen tip, but you probably won't like that because you'll have a widescreen image and a long meter.

Have you had a look at my resolution picker Jim?  CLICK.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 3:01 PM

ScottHope:

Yiannis1970:

Okay, here it is again Yiannis. VIDEO.

I'm beginning to think we have got our wires crossed, probably because of the language differences.

There are no language differences Scott....now compare your 2 videos. If you don't find any differences, then i will give up...:)

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 3:18 PM

The difference is obvious Yiannis. We are just looking at the same course photograph through a different shaped window.

Or am I still missing something?

On a different note, how is your graphics card?

RSS