Help › Forums

New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • sammey1
    679 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 1:29 PM

YankeeJim:

JDGHOST:
    I just deleted my Adobe flash player and installed one from 2015 and have ALL updates turned OFF and game and meter are smooth!!

Better late than never, did that in 2015 and coupled it with an older version of Comodo Dragon, neither which update. Everything in CD is disabled except Adblock, the home page is the game client  and it's been smooth sailing since.  :-)

Curious to see what happens Jan. 1.  LOL

I have a question on the new version meter. I have a very hard time dinging drives and most of the time, irons. I use a wireless mouse and it seems like there's a delay of some sort between the click and the meter stopping. It's not a run through like people complain about, it's just a delay. 

To give you an idea of it, if I click on the first line before the ding I get really close. It's that little delay that I'm curious about. Is it a wireless mouse thing or just something I have to get used to?

I don't have the issue in the Flash game. In fact, if I miss in the PC game like I do in the new version I'd be way off the fairway so the forgiveness seems to be greater in the new game. IDK.  :-(

It must be your setup. There is no meter delay for me.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 12:48 AM
    YankeeJim:

I have a question on the new version meter. I have a very hard time dinging drives and most of the time, irons. I use a wireless mouse and it seems like there's a delay of some sort between the click and the meter stopping. It's not a run through like people complain about, it's just a delay. 

Jim, that shouldn't be happening. Actually, is the other way around. In the launcher, the response time (output lag) is (if not 0) just couple of milliseconds. Try again with a wired mouse if possible. Are you playing fullscreen mode, windowed? Which resolution?
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 5:15 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Are you playing fullscreen mode, windowed? Which resolution?

This may be part of the answer. I was in an AS match on PC with an EA player and mentioned my issue. He said the full screen mode may be causing it so I've been playing around with that and the different resolutions.

One curious fact, quite annoying, is that after exiting the full screen into the windowed mode, I lost the overhead view and all camera views. Not sure what that was all about so I'm going to continue screwing around with the different resolutions until I figure it out.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 5:25 AM

Had a little time off today, so i decided to make a couple of videos. Perhaps you can find them useful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NovDYU8b-30&t=17s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCV_CZbeHO8&t=127s

• DoktorSlice
    729 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 7:30 AM

I had that delay problem too. Changed browser a few times but had the same issue, until i found the Opera browser. Now the meter is fine, so all the crappy play is my own fault.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 7:45 AM

Extremely useful, Yiannis, you saved me a lot of trial and error. My biggest gripe has always been how out of proportion everything is and from your exercise I can see why. Off to play with my new knowledge.

TYVM, Sir, you're a gentleman and a scholar. Probably know fine Ouzo, too.  ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:47 AM

I have probably misunderstood what you are saying Yiannis, but the course images have not been cropped when you play in widescreen. If you watch my little video of a drive from Olympic No. 10, you will see that the camera pans upwards to follow the path of the ball up through the trees. If the course image had been cut off at the top, this would not be visible.

VIDEO.

It is like looking at someone standing outside your front door, through the letterbox. Just because you can't see their legs and head, doesn't mean they've been cut off.  : )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 9:01 AM

ScottHope:
    I have probably misunderstood what you are saying Yiannis

I did and it solved my problem. His explanation of the way the meter changes is what did it for me. Playing in the 4x3 resolution brought everything into perspective and the meter acts like it should. I don't think he meant literally cut off, as in cropped, it's just the way he was illustrating his point.

Now I'm thinking the new version ain't so bad afterall.  LOL

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 9:15 AM

Quite a few have said that the meter is too long in widescreen.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 10:15 AM

ScottHope:

I have probably misunderstood what you are saying Yiannis, but the course images have not been cropped when you play in widescreen. If you watch my little video of a drive from Olympic No. 10, you will see that the camera pans upwards to follow the path of the ball up through the trees. If the course image had been cut off at the top, this would not be visible.

VIDEO.

It is like looking at someone standing outside your front door, through the letterbox. Just because you can't see their legs and head, doesn't mean they've been cut off.  : )

The image has been cropped on 1080 resolution Scott. Watch again the video. In case of 1024 x 768 the whole information is there, mean while in 1080 u miss 1/4 of it because of cropping.

When the camera does the panning it's another frame, it's not the original one.

RSS