Help › Forums

Impossible?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2020 10:25 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 10:24 AM

Thank you all for your feedback.  I wasn't looking for a critique of the, obvious, poor shot. I was trying to find some suggestions on how to play a ball out of this type of lie without it either staying put or flying over the green.

cheers.

• MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 10:25 AM

Thank you Jim - that was very kind of you. I will give them ago.

Cheers bud :)

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 10:50 AM

64 wedge hit a punch 60% full backspin with a ball with some spin. May need to adjust a little for your ball but will be in the area. take notes for the next time.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 3:14 PM

fireman33:

64 wedge hit a punch 60% full backspin with a ball with some spin. May need to adjust a little for your ball but will be in the area. take notes for the next time.

+1

I came up with almost the same, although at 60% of a punch with that club I would probably add a little, maybe 65%. From that angle I'm guessing you don't have much green to work with either. You might not be able to go right at the pin. The distance will be about right, but you need room for ball to land and considerable roll out. The roll out will also be effected by the slope where the ball lands, that tail breeze, and the speed of the greens. You are probably looking at puting the ball on the green and leaving yourself a chance with a longer putt. And of course all this depends on not having Starter balls as already mentioned.

This game is very easy to get out of trouble if you have green to work with and you are in range for a good 64 degree wedge. That said, there are a few places you have to avoid like the plague. Not all mistakes / misses are created equal.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 3:26 PM

And what is with that photo? Is that photo shopped? There is a real weird section that shouldn't be there where the ball is. 

• JDGHOST
    6,768 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 3:56 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Made no difference cause there's a bug there. Been there many times. Same thing happens on Erin Hill on the hole with the bunkers at the entrance (can't remember the number of the hole, but it's in back 9s)

I believe you speak of # 11 at Erin  by the green side bunkers 

Also #12 at Wolf if you miss ANYWHERE in the left ruff off tee disregard whatever the lie says ...25-30% or 30-40% both are waaaay wrong... (or its just another ball eater algorithm) LOL 

• PAGES
RSS