Forums

Help › Forums

WGTChampion's (not so) Super Secret Tournament

Sun, Sep 25 2022 12:17 AM (47 replies)
  • Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 5:02 PM

pdiehm:

I go out and shoot a 58, and feel real good.  I see the 49’s and 50’s...you guys need a new hobby when you can go out and punch through 18 holes of kiawah in under 50 shots.

ps:  love the leaderboard.  Btw my 58 is in 173rd...that shows you how ridiculous some of the scores are

All our hobbies got cancelled by Corona :)

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 8:50 PM

MioKontic:
    So many problems with the actual EA version gameplay and all you seem to be bothered about is the leaderboard???  Priorities (or lack of) comes to mind!  And as we are still able to play on flash, why are you not allowing us to?  And finally, what's this obsession with playing off tees that are 2 miles ahead of the proper tees? 

I agree that some other things we've asked for with PCEA should ideally have higher priority, but maybe this was a quick-win for them.

I also agree that single-play and default tees would be better, but since the main purpose of this tournament seems to be to test out the new tournament leaderboard (announced May 20) and the new secret tournament code entry system, I'm willing to cut them a break on it.  Hey, at least they threw in some free credits  :-) 

• Gepetto1958
    4,219 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 9:21 PM
    SamSpayed:
    Hey, at least they threw in some free credits  :-) 
    I got no smart and no pad and after months of new pcea I still cant open it. Yes i read all there is from Scott Hope and others to help us but im no wiz kid and can't understand. So,where are the free credits for us dum people?
  • SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 9:31 PM

Gepetto1958:
    So,where are the free credits

You have to place in the Top 70 to win the credits.  So all you have to do is shoot a 53 or less (as of right now).

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 9:56 PM

SamSpayed:

Gepetto1958:
    So,where are the free credits

You have to place in the Top 70 to win the credits.  So all you have to do is shoot a 53 or less (as of right now).

Had a 56 and a 53, i’m not wasting anymore balls to win a ‘few’ credits and i mean it will be a ‘few’ if any with a 53

Just a ball hit/purchase exercise, similar to any qualifying tournament, not taking away from the fact is was a bit of fun.

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 6:03 AM

Champion,

Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this new tournament.  

New Leaderboard is a welcome improvement over old Flash version.

Easy to find and navigate the new leaderboard.  Well done and hope it will be adopted.

I like the ranges on the leaderboard as you can find your position quickly no matter where you may be on it.  Sometimes with other leaderboards in PCEA you could only see the top 20 or so and that was it.

I do have an issue with my settings for "Putting Power Tip"

I have check all my settings and the Putting Power Tip is on but it does not show up when i play most rounds.  I am referring to the yellow bar that indicates a range of how hard to hit the putt.  I like it to be displayed as you toggle around the green this yellow bar helps me to keep up with the correct putt grid distance.  Sometimes when you move the aimer around the green it will change the selected putter distance so the yellow bar helps me to see this easier and make necessary changes.  

Can you please check and help me to get the Putting Power Tip to work all the time for all the rounds.

Champ we have a ton of talented players who are putting up low low scores so we hope there will be more events like this in the future.  We can all use a way to win credits since it is hard to find videos or surveys to get credits anymore. 

Thanks,

Michael

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 9:03 AM

Michael, the power putting tip does not work in tournaments. 

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 9:26 AM

Thanks for the tournament Champ! Fun times!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 9:57 AM

Thanks Champ. Played with my Starter Plus Gold set and loved it. Next attempt will be with my old G20's. 

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 5:55 PM

Thanks for letting me know the Putting Power Tip does not work all the time.

I did not know this.

Now i will just enjoy it when it is there and not worry about it when it is not.

Thanks for taking the time to fill me in on how it works.

Appreciate you my friend,

Michael

RSS