Forums

Help › Forums

WGTChampion's (not so) Super Secret Tournament

Sun, Sep 25 2022 12:17 AM (47 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2020 1:06 PM

Hi friends. 

I made a super secret tournament that can only be entered with a special code. Unfortunately this means it can only be accessed by mobile and PCEA. It's not "impossible" to enter from flash but I would prefer you play it in the mobile/PCEA versions.

Also it includes the new leaderboard that we're playing with. Please let me know of any issues you find and any feedback on the new leaderboard.  

Please share with friends and get as many people as possible on that leaderboard so we can see if we break it. 

In mobile/PCEA go to Game Modes > Tournaments > MY TOURNAMENTS (button at the top)

Super secret special code: CHAMPSECRET

_CHAMPION 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2020 8:09 PM

I like the new look. It looks a lot cleaner and easier to read. One suggestion though, and maybe it’s there and I missed it. It would be nice to be able to see other tier leaderboard results. (Tour Champ, Champ, Tour Legend, etc.)

That would really help out in our interclub tournaments we have with other clubs.

Thanks

Dave.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2020 11:48 PM

Thank you for the super secret code Champ!

Exciting for me as it was my first 18 hole round on PCEA (Steam). Glad you made conditions easy as I have to be close to make putts. LOL 

The leaderboard is a big improvement. Looking forward to exploring it as it fills up. On the current PCEA leaderboards I'm so far down I don't have clue about my standing unti I log on the flash version and look.

I agree with David's comment to have the ability to look at the other tiers.

The EA game is moving in the right direction.

Now, I just hope the round will show up in my score history as my bragging in the CC won't go over until the evidence is there. LOL

Having fun and hitting 'em everywhere,

John

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 12:54 AM

👍🏼 On the new Leaderboard!!! 😀

a couple issues;

- when inputting the secret code the text that you are inputting is not really visible as the keyboard that pops up from bottom of screen covers the majority of it up. This is on an IPhone, not sure about other devices. Just needs to be moved up a bit higher on the screen.

- if you go directly to the leaderboard before entering the code the “play” button in the bottom RH says “enter” (i think) and when I tried to enter tourney from there it gave an error. Had to exit, start over and input code at beginning to enter.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 4:26 AM

Had a 56 with a couple of 3 putts, good fun though.

Thanks Champ

• seanwalter
    294 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 6:14 AM

i have downloaded wgt from google play store and followed your instructions as above but i get error message code not found ??? also should i be able to play alt/shot comps ? as of now it is not available to me .... i play on a chromebook and have played flash version for many years 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 8:00 AM

Champ,

Everything worked fine for me, and I liked the look of the leaderboard. It will be fun to see where you take this new toy of yours. It would also be fun to have something like this for Country Clubs. That would allow for a multiple tournament series, with an invitational to the leaders for the final Championship (much like the Fedex Cup).

There were a couple playing issues, that you may already know about. There have been tons of camera angles added to Kiawah. However, on most fairways There were ZERO choices. I think a couple of the views from the par 3s were that way as well.

And finally... This has nothing to do with this tournament in particular... I was so disappointed to grind for a good round, take the lead, only to find that this is another unlimited play tournament. 😂🤣 Between restarts, playing multiple times, and of course players that are far better than me playing, I doubt that lead will last long.

Thank you for the tournament, Champ

Cheers   Brett

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 8:05 AM
    Great stuff Champ, thanks
  • CharlieH100
    282 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 8:09 AM

Thanks Champ

Leaderboard is an improvement on what is currently available on the mobile app; holds more than 17 or so players, toggles with scorecard, the information layout overall is much better. Not sure about the 1970's scifi movie font, though ... 😂

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 10:44 AM

Thanks for a great tournament idea Champ. As everyone else mentioned leaderboard looks really good and it’s certainly moving things in the right direction. 

Cheers,

BABZ 

RSS