Hi

Just great to make the cut with a round of 53 and then because I am from

Denmark I can't participate :(

Good luck to all.

Peter

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 12:24 PM

That is a real pain, it is the top egolf comp after all. Is it a gambling thing?

You should have been allowed to play but not get the prize, not WGT's fault but they could surely get around it.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 1:14 PM

Jimac55:

That is a real pain, it is the top egolf comp after all. Is it a gambling thing?

You should have been allowed to play but not get the prize, not WGT's fault but they could surely get around it.

This isn't the first time. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened to Peter at the VUSA a couple of years ago. He came out as the winner of the whole competition and yet couldn't compete in the grand finals. 

Sorry to hear it, Peter. :-( Hope WGT will change its policy some day. Wish you all the best.

Simon

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 10:38 AM

I see a Danish flag on the leaderboard.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 11:11 AM

sammey1:

I think anyone that qualified can play the 4 rounds but the ten that go through will come from the dozen or so eligible countries.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 2:05 PM

sammey1:

There are actually three of them...

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 1:20 PM

DodgyPutter:

sammey1:

I think anyone that qualified can play the 4 rounds but the ten that go through will come from the dozen or so eligible countries.

It will be probably the usual suspects anyway but,i noticed this in the rules,so we may go right down the leaderboard to find the 10 lol.

he Live Stream will consist of an 18-hole stroke play tournament.  Any players who are not eligible to win prizes will not be included in the field for the Finals Live Stream.  Players who decline to play in the Live Stream will be not be eligible for the grand prize and the next player in order, based on best score from the 4-round Championship game, will be invited to participate in the Finals Live Stream.  The Live Stream is scheduled for June 27, 2020.  Players must be able to stream and be willing to be seen on camera to compete in the Finals Live Stream

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 1:29 PM

Yes Russell, saving the embarrassment of having a winner that's not eligible for the prize.  A shame really that folk like Joe, or Peter, can no longer "win" it.

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 1:50 PM

Denmark probably has similar laws to Quebec, where residents can only win prizes from contests in other countries if those countries register the contest in Quebec(or Denmark). 

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 3:23 PM

Thanks Simon :)

I am all good :)   Take care.

Peter

RSS