Forums

Help › Forums

Was I right to quit or did I just lose the XP I would have gained?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 14 2020 6:33 AM (20 replies)
  • 6lennn
    17 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 3:09 PM

I'm lvl 32 with a pro score of 81.46 and still playing with the starter clubs. I signed up and started the Virtual Toyota Championship at Wolf Creek.

By the 8th I was already 11 over, I don't have the distance off the tee and lack the experience for the greens.

So I quit the round. Because I didn't want to destroy my Pro 81.49 average.

Was that the right thing to do or did I just waste the time I was making XP to level up?

ie I guess I'm asking whats more important at my level, the average score or the XP

Thanks

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 3:22 PM

at level 32 just work on leveling up by watching videos at the end of each one hole coin match on mobile.

Tourneys are a waste of time and money on golf balls at that level as the wins are controlled by the people running second third and fourth accounts.

Can figure out putting right now. it won't change.

work on short game flops/punches,pitches,chips once yhou get better clubs.

Ballpark your clubs within 5-10 yards for yardages and just try to make pars. the birds will come later once your short game and clubs improve.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 3:24 PM

I guess there's nothing wrong with you quitting a round as long as you're playing solo and not wasting other people's time.

It's also entirely up to you, depending on what you care more : average score or XP. I'd go for XP if I were you at your level because the av. score will eventually go down and never go up once it gets saturated.

IMHO it's better to focus on leveling up fast rather than tiering up.

Good luck to your journey in WGT land.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 4:06 PM

Here 9 years with 31 ranked rounds and you're worried about an 81+ average?! 

Whatever.......

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 4:36 PM

6lennn:

I'm lvl 32 with a pro score of 81.46 and still playing with the starter clubs. I signed up and started the Virtual Toyota Championship at Wolf Creek.

By the 8th I was already 11 over, I don't have the distance off the tee and lack the experience for the greens.

So I quit the round. Because I didn't want to destroy my Pro 81.49 average.

Was that the right thing to do or did I just waste the time I was making XP to level up?

ie I guess I'm asking whats more important at my level, the average score or the XP

Thanks

Actually the answer to your question is neither . With a 9 year old account nothing that you do matters . Its very evident that you dont play and trying to protect a useless average is meaningless . You dont play well because you never have put the time in to learn how to play well .

You gave up every opportunity to become one of the best players in the game . You quit a long time ago , 9 years ago to be exact . So dont worry about quitting now or anytime in the future . Look at it on the bright side . As long as you keep quitting you wont have to worry about finishing anything .

• 6lennn
    17 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 5:07 PM

My account was made in 2011, i played up til about lvl24/25ish. I recently (a week or so ago) picked the game back up.

I'm sorry that irks you, but I'm interested in getting better.

• 6lennn
    17 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 5:11 PM

Yeah, it was a solo round. I'm just interested in getting to a level where the clubs available to me in the pro shop are worth buying, ie something that would last a while. I've seem some posts that recomend getting to nealy level 50 before investing in clubs. Seemed like decent advice.

I had assumed (perhaps wrongly) that there would be more XP given in a tournament than the ranked rounds.

Thanks for your input, Im just trying to level up.

• 6lennn
    17 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 5:14 PM

deleted

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 8:32 PM

WOW !!!   
    Do you guys keep little pouches of stones next to your computers???    
    If you guys took 3 seconds to actually look at this persons history then you would see that YES, while their account does say they originally joined in 2011, they are essentially a new player. They may have started playing many years ago but stopped (for whatever reason they want) and have now decided to take it back up again. 26 of their 32 RR’s have been played in the last 5 days!!!
    Job well done welcoming someone back to the game!! 😖

6lennn:
    I guess I'm asking whats more important at my level, the average score or the XP

6lennn to answer your question, at your level of the game I wouldn’t worry too much about having some high scores as the calculations used to tier up only use a small number of your BEST scores to compute your AVG. At Pro the game will only use the best 20 Ranked Round scores (played as a Pro) to figure out your AVG. once you have 20 RR’s the game will only replace a score from those 20 if it is lower than the highest score currently in the 20 best. So once you get to 20 the high ones will quickly get knocked out (assuming you are posting better scores) Right now XP’s will help you to level up and access better equipment. I wouldn’t worry about high scores until you get to Legend where 500 scores are used for AVG, and even then an occasional high one isn’t that huge a deal.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 12:55 AM

MarchieB:

WOW !!!   
    Do you guys keep little pouches of stones next to your computers???    
    If you guys took 3 seconds to actually look at this persons history then you would see that YES, while their account does say they originally joined in 2011, they are essentially a new player. They may have started playing many years ago but stopped (for whatever reason they want) and have now decided to take it back up again. 26 of their 32 RR’s have been played in the last 5 days!!!
    Job well done welcoming someone back to the game!! 😖

6lennn:
    I guess I'm asking whats more important at my level, the average score or the XP

6lennn to answer your question, at your level of the game I wouldn’t worry too much about having some high scores as the calculations used to tier up only use a small number of your BEST scores to compute your AVG. At Pro the game will only use the best 20 Ranked Round scores (played as a Pro) to figure out your AVG. once you have 20 RR’s the game will only replace a score from those 20 if it is lower than the highest score currently in the 20 best. So once you get to 20 the high ones will quickly get knocked out (assuming you are posting better scores) Right now XP’s will help you to level up and access better equipment. I wouldn’t worry about high scores until you get to Legend where 500 scores are used for AVG, and even then an occasional high one isn’t that huge a deal.

Think you are right, fella is only asking and seems keen enough. He can have my clubs if he wishes ;-)

here

RSS