Forums

Help › Forums

any suggestions for a noob having a Rough time

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 9 2020 10:50 AM (3 replies)
  • 6lennn
    17 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 3:59 AM

Couid do with some tips on what adjustments to make for lies in rough, ie what's the best shot for rough around the green, like what gives the mist consistent result, chip, pitch, flop. Where to strike the ball?

Also what effect does the cut of rough make on fairway rough etc. do I need an extra club or try to hit under the ball etc?

And Brush/fescue, just wtf

sorry a lot of questions, but really enjoying the game so far and just want to get better.

• ernestious
    331 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 8:45 AM

You came to the right place, the forums. If you search in the bar to the right > You will find most of your ?. If you search youtube there are tons of video's to help you. young46 has a lot of tutorials. Check out scotthope has amazing tips. I look in the forums and get lots of tips. gl and hit em strait.

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 9:32 AM

I would avoid chipping, generally pitch and flop are more consistant and less likely to leave you in the rough.

I try never to use pitching and flopping with less than 50% power you get some strange results otherwise.

If your in the fairway rough but close enough to use a wedge add 10% for 30-40 and 20% for 40-50. When your further back than that use a punch shot it's the safer option, remember it will land short and roll a lot so watch for bunkers or rough inbetween.

DON'T GO IN THE FESCUE lol....just get back on the fairway don't try anything fancy.

Search the forums for specifics, there is a lot of good info out there.

There was a CC called Red Dirt golf they had a lot of good advice on thier website, I think they might be closed down but perhaps the website is still up.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 10:50 AM

6lenn,

Great advice in the previous posts. 

Set up a practice round and use the mulligan feature to experiment to discover what works for you. Use the starter ball until you have a good idea what's going on.

Setup a practice round on the F9 of Kiawah with low wind. The first hole is wide and flat, using the mulligan feature again this is a virtual driving range to map your clubs.

Welcome to WGT, have fun and hit em straight,

John

RSS