Forums

Help › Forums

When do posts stop requiring moderation for new users?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 23 2020 1:10 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DanL24
    61 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 1:16 PM

I noticed after about 10 or 15 posts that my posts were no longer requiring moderation and would post right away, but then it reverted back to requiring moderation again.

After how many posts does the requirement go away?

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 3:40 AM

Usually, if you request a Moderator to remove you from moderation, it will be done.

Doc :)

• craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 5:46 AM

When a moderator can be bothered . I wrote to 3 moderators for this and a week later no replies . 

They will probably shut me down now as they do not like criticism .

I then wrote to customer services and instantly i was reinstated with the message - your old enough and ugly enough to know kids could be here so do not use the s word .

So basically - are you feeling lucky .

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 5:52 AM

DanL24:

I noticed after about 10 or 15 posts that my posts were no longer requiring moderation and would post right away, but then it reverted back to requiring moderation again.

After how many posts does the requirement go away?

Players are supposed to be taken off moderation after about 35 to 40 posts. But as has been already mentioned, oftentimes, you have to post to a moderator's wall. After about 40 posts, that's what I had to do and was taken off moderation the same day or next day.

By the way, posts to the country club forums are not moderated. Were your unmoderated posts to your CC's forum? 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 9:22 AM

Robert1893:
    By the way, posts to the country club forums are not moderated. Were your unmoderated posts to your CC's forum? 

That's probably the truth of it.  Never having been off moderation seems more likely that off after relatively few posts and then quickly back on.

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 4:27 PM

Robert1893:

Players are supposed to be taken off moderation after about 35 to 40 posts. But as has been already mentioned, oftentimes, you have to post to a moderator's wall. After about 40 posts, that's what I had to do and was taken off moderation the same day or next day.

Nope, never posted in a CC forum.  Only posted in these main forums.  I always thought the waiting for moderation thing was a little weird, but whatever, and then it went away.  Then it came back and I was like ????

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 5:43 PM

DanL24:
    Nope, never posted in a CC forum.  Only posted in these main forums.  I always thought the waiting for moderation thing was a little weird, but whatever, and then it went away.  Then it came back and I was like ????

Hey, I agree with you. The whole thing is hinky. Stretching back over 25 years, I've participated on a number of discussion boards. I've never seen anything like this. 

It's... hinky (as is your experience). 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 6:11 PM

DanL24:
    I always thought the waiting for moderation thing was a little weird, but whatever, and then it went away.  Then it came back and I was like ????

You REALLY gotta behave if you wanna keep yourself well away from moderation. Make sure you take no flame bait in particular 'cause it'll cost you a lot if you do. (Don't ask me how I know this.)

Read this and make sure you abide them all.

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 3:54 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

DanL24:
    I always thought the waiting for moderation thing was a little weird, but whatever, and then it went away.  Then it came back and I was like ????

You REALLY gotta behave if you wanna keep yourself well away from moderation. (Don't ask me how I know this.)

Read this and make sure you abide them all.

I can't imagine one of my posts about topics like tiering up, problems with showdowns, hitting various shots from the fringe, etc. have even come within any distance of a rule.  I'm boring.

I just find it weird.  I've probably made 250,000 posts on various forums (mostly sports related) over the last 25 years.  Making posts wait to appear before being moderated for this length of time is something I have literally never seen.  Then when it went away and I had a few posts immediately show up I just assumed it was a random specific number of posts to hit.  But it came back for some unknown reason which I just find odd.  I have not had a post flagged or removed or anything so it isn't like I broke some rule.  Just had me wondering if there was something I was not aware of.

Personally I don't post here enough to care to track down a moderator to beg to be let off.  Was just wondering out of curiosity how it worked.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 8:26 PM

DanL24:
    Personally I don't post here enough to care to track down a moderator to beg to be let off.  Was just wondering out of curiosity how it worked.

Well, I guess it's not a problem then!!

Seriously, if you find a player name that starts with WGT - they are a moderator/

WGTChampion is a good one!

• PAGES
RSS