Forums

Help › Forums

Hoedown Showdown

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:16 AM (6 replies)
  • JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 7:08 AM
    I know this has been addressed previously but I had multiple players forfeit on the last putt and it froze my game. After having to restart the holes I played did not count. After having to do this multiple times and losing eagles and birdies I decided the 1000 credit buy in was not worth this hassle. This is very disappointing.
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 3:07 PM

Happens every showdown. I did read somewhere that if your opponent quits etc, and they have their “edit club tab open” intentionally,  you cant reconnect.

Also it’s strokeplay, why do we have opponents?

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 3:57 PM

Couldnt agree more. I eventually said screw it and stopped trying.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 4:27 PM

JSmithers:

Couldnt agree more. I eventually said screw it and stopped trying.

Another victim of this showdown BS... Sorry to hear it, JS.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 4:36 PM

JSmithers:
    I know this has been addressed previously but I had multiple players forfeit on the last putt and it froze my game.

I can imagine the frustration... 

I will say, it is hard to know or tell, if some of these problems are glitches / bugs - or something players are doing on their end to cause further problems that WGT is unable to resolve themselves.  As noted above - some players may be trying to do just that but I hadn't seen that particular post, but lets hope not.  I have always suspected some were doing it intentionally.

I believe WGT attempted to provide the fix where you are suppose to be able to complete your holes - or it restarts your 3 holes without awarding you bogies - but as you point out you may not get the same winds / green speeds and where you had eagle opportunities before you grind out birdies.  

That said, I don't know if it will work the same way in the showdown.  However, when this happens in regular coin games and I have encountered players or possible WGT accidental "spin cycle" where the game won't restart - one way of trying to prompt the game back into playing is to try and access the game from another device. 

If you are playing on EA version then use a phone or tablet and open WGT, when you notice the timer come back close WGT on the 2nd device down to resume the game you were already playing... Doing this often seems to break the spin cycle and forces the game to time the other player out or make them play the round or forfeit the round correctly.  

Either way, it could be an option to avoid losing the holes you already played and break the "froze" or "indefinite spin cycle". 

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 6:09 PM

Thank you i will give that a try.  Wish people would just play the game as intended

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:16 AM

JSmithers:
    i will give that a try.

Hopefully you didn't have to use this... but I was curious if you ran into a situation where you had to try the suggestion offered.

I have held off playing showdowns since the glitches kept reoccurring until more of the issues were resolved.  So this would be good to know ... 

RSS