Forums

Help › Forums

Update 6/2

Mon, Jun 22 2020 6:37 PM (69 replies)
  • zdutch1
    27 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 11:54 AM

When I see this, does this mean that the friend on the left has made himself invisible?

What does that really mean? I just can't see when he is on? No green or gray color like friend on the right?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 1:24 PM

MarchieB:

Terry on the Mobile/PCEA/Steam versions, which I assume you are referring to when you say "Visible to Friends" the Green "Available to Play" light has been streamlined to a basic On/Off option. You will have to start some type of game to access it. The easiest would be a Solo Ranked Round that you could quit as soon as you've checked/changed your status. Click on the menu in the top Right corner and it will open up a side menu. It's in the middle of it just below a "Friends" button, which will open up your Friends list where you can see if anyone has become available while you are playing.

Click Here for Larger Size Image

There were earlier comments in this thread about having this function more out in the open and directly visible on one of the main menu pages, and I would have to agree. It would ideally be added to the "Friends" page so that you could easily see your status and your Friends status' as well.

Re comments in bold (my emphasis), I wholeheartedly agree. It's somewhat counter-intuitive to have to actually start playing just so that you can let your friends know you are available.

I too would love to see this made much more user-friendly.

Nigel.

• RedRockster
    691 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:15 PM

Agreed that is is a problem, although only on certain circumstances.  It does make it almost impossible to read the break .  The suggestion to be able to remove similar to the flag pin would be nice when this condition comes up.

Paul

• RedRockster
    691 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:24 PM

The full screen option on PCEA does have it's problems, I for one have poor eyes so I use an 1.25 text size for my screen.  PCEA does not no of this so when it goes to full screen it cuts off  the meter bar and options,  oops.  

I read a suggestion that really works well if you want full screen and it works on any resolution you may pick.  Fire up Task Manager, click the ">" in front of golf.exe, then right click on WGT Golf, and choose the "Maximize" option.  You get a true border to border full screen, & the windows know that you have a modified text size so it doesn't cut  off anything.  

Request for WGT PCEA Developers:  Since this is a windows function, why not supply an option under the settings menu to maximize screen and call the windows api function do that for the user.  A lot of people may be uncomfortable with task manager.  Just a suggestion, but would be really handy, to put it into and out of Maximized state.

Thanks

Paul.

• RedRockster
    691 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:34 PM

The problem with the "visible to friends" is you have to be in a game to access it, no acess availabe from the home page where it should be.  They have a friends list on the main menu, that is where you should be able to set  your status.  That would also be compatable with the flash version.  Right now PCEA does not detect that a player is in a game like the flash player, so if you start a game on PCEA and see a friend available it doesn't mean avaulable.  I get a lot of game requests while I am playing a tournament game & I have little option but to decline or ignore the request.  The Decline does not allow a short msg, such as "give me 2 min" or other msg.  These would be welcome enhancements.

Paul.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 4:22 PM

RedRockster:

The problem with the "visible to friends" is you have to be in a game to access it, no acess availabe from the home page where it should be.  They have a friends list on the main menu, that is where you should be able to set  your status.  That would also be compatable with the flash version.  Right now PCEA does not detect that a player is in a game like the flash player, so if you start a game on PCEA and see a friend available it doesn't mean avaulable.  I get a lot of game requests while I am playing a tournament game & I have little option but to decline or ignore the request.  The Decline does not allow a short msg, such as "give me 2 min" or other msg.  These would be welcome enhancements.

Paul.

I setup to practice my putting . Then I can turn it on or off

• APearson10
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2020 6:55 AM

Is there going to be a replay option for shots? 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2020 7:30 AM

Wutpa:

The additional camera angles are welcome.

Thanks Champ.

Nigel.

+1

Hey Champion, They probably know this already, but I wanted to be sure. I just played Kiawah front 9, and from the tee box there were many camera options. However, once on the fairway, most holes had ZERO options. I ignored it at first, so I am not sure how many holes were like this, but I don't remember any holes having options.

On a related note... The camera angles on Kiawah greens have never been good ( I believe this was one of the first courses for WGT). I started really not liking playing this course just because of those angles. Today I realized for the first time that my distaste for Kiawah really started at the first of this year when I switched to PCEA. Is it possible that Kiawah is missing some of the camera angles on the greens as well? I doubt this is the case, but thought I would ask.

Thank you for all the information you pass along to us.

Brett

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2020 8:37 AM

BPeterson8256:
    I believe this was one of the first courses for WGT

Yes, it was and the green mapping is notoriously poor. Witness the later efforts that improved with every course. The views compound that, especially with the "new" pins they added. Those new pins are WGT's best effort at adding new pins to a course without actually taking the picture-they worked with what they had and sorta backed into it. 

Advice on putting there has always been memorize what's wrong. LOL.  ;-)

RSS