Forums

Help › Forums

Update 6/2

Mon, Jun 22 2020 6:37 PM (69 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 8:11 AM

The update, does not appear to be showing up possibly on or in the App for mobile devices... unable to view the changes on a tablet as it still shows last update being in April on my Samsung device, but I was able to view the update on the EA version.

Also, some of the updates that are being incorporated into the EA and reflect the same request mobile players have made, such as being able to move the arrow on the mini map for aiming and more camera views has not appeared to be made available for mobile players in the same way it is for EA version.  Am I missing something?  

If the two platforms are going to parallel one another... it would be nice to see mobile tablet or phone users being given the same flexibility and options the EA players receive. 

Again, unless I am missing something...these options are not necessarily available for the mobile players.  I will double check and revise my post if I discover otherwise once the update appears to take effect.  I just can't find it at the moment.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 8:50 AM

WGTChampion:
    Black Clover hats added to proshop

Now how about adding sun shades and gloves with no attributes for purchase in the pro shop . Souldnt be that hard of an addition to make to the game .

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 9:41 AM

el3n1:

The update, does not appear to be showing up possibly on or in the App for mobile devices... unable to view the changes on a tablet as it still shows last update being in April on my Samsung device, but I was able to view the update on the EA version.

Also, some of the updates that are being incorporated into the EA and reflect the same request mobile players have made, such as being able to move the arrow on the mini map for aiming and more camera views has not appeared to be made available for mobile players in the same way it is for EA version.  Am I missing something?  

If the two platforms are going to parallel one another... it would be nice to see mobile tablet or phone users being given the same flexibility and options the EA players receive. 

Again, unless I am missing something...these options are not necessarily available for the mobile players.  I will double check and revise my post if I discover otherwise once the update appears to take effect.  I just can't find it at the moment.

Champ did say in the notes that the update is not yet available to Steam either, so I assume they have to be rolled out separately to each platform individually.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 10:52 AM

Wutpa:
    Champ did say in the notes that the update is not yet available to Steam either, so I assume they have to be rolled out separately to each platform individually.

I guess that is where the confusion is...

The use of the mini map on EA is not new, it is just being revised or updated as I understood the post.  That option to my knowledge has never been made available to mobile players... I don't recall which update use of the mini map was initially rolled out on EA though, but it wasn't included or released in later updates for the mobile platform.

Look, I am not trying to minimize the challenges or complications they may be faced with.  I am just curious or expressing concerns that I have read and share with some mobile players who may increasingly feel at a disadvantage against PCEA players.

I personally feel there is a reasonable edge that a person using PC EA has playing coin games over players using mobile devices.  An increase in my win rate playing coin games on PC EA seems to support that as well.

I am just trying to advocate for as level a playing field as possible.  There will always be differences... but I do think WGT tries to be considerate of that. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 12:28 PM

WGTChampion:

Hi everyone. 

Update coming out shortly for standalone PCEA (Steam coming soon) 

Thanks for keeping us informed of the details, Champ.  Also, thank you to the Development Team for the enhancements and fixes.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 1:58 PM

el3n1:

So far only Desktop PCEA Standalone has been released. When release notes are posted in here they are specific to the PCEA standalone version and may differ from items found in other versions. 

In this specific case, the additional views are not in the mobile release, MP lobbies do not exist (yet) to get an add friend option, and mobile does not have a drag-able minimap marker. The other items like black clover hats, etc. will be found in the new mobile update.

Originally the extra cameras were excluded from mobile due to system resources in mobile devices. Obviously devices have changed a lot of the years so it's probably worth a fresh look. 

Mini map aimer is likely not going to come to mobile due to the screen size of the devices and the difficulty in accurately using the feature with touch controls. 

We ran into one snag found in this version that we're looking to address before releasing to other platforms (and of course a fix for standalone PCEA). I expect Steam and Android to be out soon (today/tomorrow) and iOS soon after. 

Thanks, 

_CHAMPION 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 2:12 PM

Thank you for the feedback and insight.  

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 2:28 PM

WGTChampion:

Nicole161106:

Hi Champ, since this is about pcea, i made this post a few days ago, here-

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/636823.aspx

"Just noticed that uneven lies are in play on the new version, so i tried it on the total request tourney. Can anyone tell me how the lie is supposed to be figured out? There is no box or anything to show what kind of lie it is in, which, to put it mildly, makes it rather difficult. thx."

and-

"I'm just surprised there seemed to be no announcement that it was available, i also suspect that people who enter it might be in for a rude shock when they start to lose balls on the left of the 1st at Erin Hills.

Maybe champ or someone will come on to explain what's happening."

Any answers to these? Thanks.

That's on me. UEL isn't in the new game yet. Sorry. 

_CHAMPION 

There will be some interested parties who will pay particular attention to the word "yet" in your reply. Is that confirmation that it is at least the intention to bring it to PCEA and Steam?

Nigel

• zdutch1
    27 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 3:23 PM

Love the PCEA version! Yes more camera angles! Request for chipping, pitching and bunker shots please.

Currently there's mainly low ground camera angles; It's hard to see the 'lay of the land'.

Can there be a higher 'third person' angle from behind/above the player? 

Thanks so much! Bought all new clubs recently and just reached level 90. And of course joined WGT Nation! 

Dutch

RSS