Forums

Help › Forums

New Wedges

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 4 2020 9:39 AM (5 replies)
  • PaulMercier
    97 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 9:17 AM

Has anyone upgraded from Cleveland RTX wedges to Callaway PM Grind wedges and if so did you notice an improvement in your short game that justified the upgrade?

TIA,

Paul

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 10:18 AM

Paul,

I switched from the Cleveland 56 and 60 RTX to the then called Mack Daddy wedges. (Same specs as the PM Grind) Slower meter to match my irons and better forgivemess was the reason. I like them. I did keep the Cleveland 64 as there is no PM Grind 64 available. 

To remind myself the 64 has a faster meter than my other clubs I take a 'practice' swing with it before hitting the shot. LOL

Overall the change was good. now just need the 64.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 10:43 AM

Yes, I made the switch to the PM Grinds a few months back. As noted slower meter speed and better forgiveness are definitely witnessed during play. The 60 degree requires some remapping as it’s distance is less than the Cleveland 60 degree. Like the previous poster, I still use the Cleveland 64.

• PaulMercier
    97 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 2:46 PM

Thanks Cicero

Cicero733:

Yes, I made the switch to the PM Grinds a few months back. As noted slower meter speed and better forgiveness are definitely witnessed during play. The 60 degree requires some remapping as it’s distance is less than the Cleveland 60 degree. Like the previous poster, I still use the Cleveland 64.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 9:08 PM

DufferJohn7:

I switched from the Cleveland 56 and 60 RTX to the then called Mack Daddy wedges. (Same specs as the PM Grind) Slower meter to match my irons and better forgivemess was the reason. I like them. I did keep the Cleveland 64 as there is no PM Grind 64 available. 

To remind myself the 64 has a faster meter than my other clubs I take a 'practice' swing with it before hitting the shot. LOL

I did the exact same thing.  Never did sell back the Clevelands, though.  They're still great wedges.

I would definitely recommend the 56° PM Grind as a replacement for your 56° Cleveland.  Replacing your 60° Cleveland boils down to this:  Do you want to maintain the even 60-80-100 yd spacing with your wedges, or are you OK with 60-75-100?

• PaulMercier
    97 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 9:39 AM

Thanks for your opinion Sam. I will look at my current mapping table and give this some thought. 

Paul

RSS