Forums

Help › Forums

Whats the most coins you saw won in your league?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:09 PM (30 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 6:11 AM

billycash74:

andwhy67:

billycash74:

andwhy67:

thunderbird:

Wow thats amazing. 

No not realy......

Curing cancer, now thats amazing!

but we arent on a cancer message board now are we. everyone has to be a smart mouth

sorry gobshite, 

but as stated, nothing amazing there, move on!

couldnt stop yourself from being rude to the OP now you cant stop yourself from being rude to me. ever occured to you that an overwhelming majority of humans could care less what you find amazing and what you dont? you dont have to be a jerk. go to the cancer forums and spread some love around there instead of being a jerk to people here on a GOLF forum where a GOLF question was posed. its really not that difficult to stay on topic. 

im certain you are gonna come back with something you think is just awesome and cool and makes you appear to be a the 2nd coming of Einstein/Hawking so you can have the last word. trust me its not awesome or cool and neither are you. Guess you were a bully in school and have never grown up. sorry bro were adults here and you dont get to punk anyone out. 

the last word is all yours sir.........

8-)

That really is some shite you’ve spewed there. But I wouldn’t expect nothing less from an inhabitant derived from the greatest nation on earth.

Apparently!

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 7:39 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I think this gives a better causal order of this topic here

no. that what you're talking about could be used to apply to a purchase of any product in the store. 

Silver coins only have one thing they can be applied to for purchasing. Activating the next level of upgrade of apparel.

What the total cost to upgrade 5 pieces of gear to level 10? Im guessing so I'll be off some but it won't matter.  750,000 coins? 1,000,000?

it takes a looooong time to get all gear to level 10. Lots and lots of coin rooms. Especially so when have a mixture of gear from different sponsors.

By the time anyone gets to the point of having to pay the last point of 100k? they should have at the minimum 10s of millions of coins by then. and at that point it doesn't matter if you only have 20 million coins and it's 0.5% of your stack  or if you have a billion coins and it's 0.01% of your stack. 

the costs are insignificant to anyone and everyone. zero impact on your ability to play coin rooms. 

i don't care if someone has 200 billion coins or even more. it has zero effect on whether they will or won't beat me. there is Zero competitive edge. 

So as i said. How do you abuse something that has insignificant value? Something that doesnt give anyone any competitive edge over you.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 8:17 AM

Mythanatos:
    So as i said. How do you abuse something that has insignificant value?

What?! So you're saying as long as you exploit something you think its value is insignificant, it can't be considered as an abuse?! Can't believe you said this.

I don't know how else I can possibly reason with you...

WGT decided to leave silver coins "insignificant " due to the abuse. Moreover, whether abusee is valuable or not, abuse is abuse. It appears to me that you have a very perilous concept right there, mister.

No wonder you're telling your liver "Shut up. You're fine" with a glass of whiskey. ;-) LOL

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 9:26 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    What?! So you're saying as long as you exploit something you think its value is insignificant, it can't be considered as an abuse?! Can't believe you said this.

you still aren't grasping it. and it's not that complicated. 

Silver coins were insignificant in value from the day they were created.  They never had any value. 

The only thing they can be used for is a tiny tiny portion of what anyone can earn. See above for explanation.

oh and finally wearing coin apparel and playing Turf wars isn't an exploit. That's been a base game mechanic for a long time.

Describe the exploit that you are speaking of. I mean it's clear you don't understand the game dynamics at all.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 10:48 AM

Mythanatos:
    Describe the exploit that you are speaking of. I mean it's clear you don't understand the game dynamics at all.

I don't know the mobile game but I think wgt would take a dim view of the forum examples below.  

what was being done was people having second accounts or friends and throwing matches to win Turf Wars in Monaco. Then using the bonus to come back from zero the next day. Then matching back up and rebuilding the stash.

I mean if someone wants to give me access to a lower account that's a level 84 player or higher with the clubs i want. i bet i can have it at 100 million in less that a month from zero coins.

I often lost on purpose.  the coins are a pittance compared to what i had i was only there for the XP as i said.

why would anyone ever buy coins??

btw if you need some, i'll always throw a match in Bellagio for a sleeve of 81 TMs.  $5.50 cheaper than $100.

Yes, I know, some were jokes and others were things heard about second hand.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 10:50 AM

Mythanatos:
    I mean it's clear you don't understand the game dynamics at all.

You know what... You're right. I don't. Speaking of insignificant, this is what it is.

Stay safe and have a great day, my friend.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 11:30 AM

DodgyPutter:
    what was being done was people having second accounts or friends and throwing matches to win Turf Wars in Monaco. Then using the bonus to come back from zero the next day. Then matching back up and rebuilding the stash.

This definitely was happening. But it wasn't everyone it was just a few clubs that were heavy into TWs. vast majority of Bellagio players were against it. there were pacts between clubs to not use Monaco in Turf Wars.  Then some club would be losing and go into Monaco to pull out the last minute win. Then there was drama. blah blah blah. Finally after much complaining from many many Turfers WGT removed Monaco wins as counting towards Turf Wars. 

This was a definite exploit to win TWs. me personally I'm  not all that into TWs. usually only play one pass a TW these days. My daily in Bellagio if a TW.

Of course I don't understand why people buy tons of passes for Turf Wars any more than I understand why people buy tons of passes for clashes. I guess i miss the point of both events.

DodgyPutter:

I mean if someone wants to give me access to a lower account that's a level 84 player or higher with the clubs i want. i bet i can have it at 100 million in less that a month from zero coins.

No one is ever  going to give me access to their account. Just making a point of what is possible. 

DodgyPutter:
    I often lost on purpose.  the coins are a pittance compared to what i had i was only there for the XP as i said.

What' could possibly be wrong with letting people beat me in Chelsea? 

My standard line 3-4 years ago or whenever it was. I'd copy paste it at start. And i did it because I was a 90 something Legend playing mostly Amateurs and hacks and Pros.  "Hi. Im just here for the video XP at the end. Anything you shoot will be a win. Enjoy the coin. Have a nice day."

Even then i had over 300 million coin. Losing 25-50 matches a day or so at 500 each. big deal. 25k? not even a pimple on an elephant.

i was more interested in the 2000xp an hour or so i was getting. ( i forget the number) probably around there. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 2:36 PM

I think the three you mentioned and the one you didn't are exploits and against T+C's, although the latter probably depends on interpretation in some cases. 

That may be hard to see with the third but anything wgt sell that's given away by deliberately throwing a game probably is, the second I'm not too sure and I'm not going to look.

I was just trying to show you on one hand you're saying there are no exploits and on the other telling us what they are.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 4:55 PM

DodgyPutter:
    I was just trying to show you on one hand you're saying there are no exploits and on the other telling us what they are.

actually i never said there weren't any exploits. 

I asked what they were and non coin players really dont have a clue. they just have opinions.

in regards to the initial premise of coin exploits to grow the pool. overwhemingly it's done with coin apparel and the Turf war bonuses no exploits. . that's the system that WGT created.

are there ways to grow the pool faster sure. but why even bother.

my point is it doesnt accomplish anything if they did. there really isn't a reason to do it and even if they did it just doesn't affect anyone else's wins and losses. 

you could print up a million dollars of fake confederate money. there are numbers on it but can't buy anything with it. no matter how big the pile is... it's still worthless. that's what silver coins are.

also that's a pretty hard line on calling something an  exploit if i can't forfeit to a lower leveled less skilled player just because i feel like it.

or in regards to the other thing. if someone says "sleeve of balls if you forfeit. i need the coins". that's just helping each other out. coupled with there isn't a way to enforce the ball  transaction. it's trust based. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:47 AM

Mythanatos:
    also that's a pretty hard line on calling something an  exploit if i can't forfeit to a lower leveled less skilled player just because i feel like it.

You didn't forfeit you deliberately lost, you wanted the video at the end if I remember right.

This is from the T+C's: You shall not circumvent any of the foregoing prohibitions, such as, by way of example, transfer WGT Credits or virtual items by intentionally throwing a game or losing a game.

I'd suggest coins are virtual items.  No matter how many times you say they are worthless, they're simply not, not even to you I'd suggest.  Wgt sell them and get real money for them that is probably why they are not keen on players giving(?) them to others by throwing games.

Mythanatos:
    or in regards to the other thing. if someone says "sleeve of balls if you forfeit. i need the coins". that's just helping each other out. coupled with there isn't a way to enforce the ball  transaction. it's trust based. 

No, it really is against the T+C's, it may be true that it would be almost impossible to enforce but you've openly talked about this quite often and also mentioned how you've not spent in three years or whatever.  For the sake of bragging I really wouldn't risk it if I was you. 

Here's another example.

I had someone i was playing the other day that offered me 2 sleeves of my golf balls to throw the game so he could get the 2.5 million coins. Hello 5 putt on last hole. he sent me the balls in 60 seconds. Cheaper than him buying them himself. (half price) and it didn't dent my treasury any,

Sounds like two people gained the price of two sleeves, from these "worthless" coins and wgt lost the price of four. Why do you say these things so publicly? Why even do it, it wouldn't put much of a dent in your whatever it was a night.

RSS