Forums

Help › Forums

New players??

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 29 2020 10:05 PM (2 replies)
  • JLLaVoie
    4 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2020 9:48 AM

I would like to know if anyone else has faced this issue, playing someone of the same tier yet they have only been playing for two months when I have been playing on here for ten years? Doesn't that sound fishy? It's kinda like they were a very good player and maybe started a new account and then gifted their good equipment to their new account. I don't know for sure but I can't see how someone who has only been playing for two months can be shooting 15 under par or even better. Is this cheating? And this is the third time that I have tried to post this gripe, I hope it gets posted this time.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2020 7:26 PM

JLLaVoie:
    I would like to know if anyone else has faced this issue

Yes, many.

JLLaVoie:
    Doesn't that sound fishy?

Yes, probably.

JLLaVoie:
    It's kinda like they were a very good player and maybe started a new account and then gifted their good equipment to their new account.

Yes, this happens. (Well, you can't actually gift your own equipment but you can gift similar equipment from the pro shop.)

JLLaVoie:
    I don't know for sure but I can't see how someone who has only been playing for two months can be shooting 15 under par or even better.

Well, if someone plays all day every day for two months then yes, they could achieve this. Sadly this is the very time when someone might actually be able to play all day every day.

JLLaVoie:
    Is this cheating?

It may not actually be cheating per se, but it's certainly agains the T&C and if you have suspicions about them then you should report them direct to WGT so they can investigate the player and close their account if they agree he's a multi. He'll probably just create a new account and start again mind you.

JLLaVoie:
    And this is the third time that I have tried to post this gripe, I hope it gets posted this time.

Third time's a charm. Congrats.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2020 10:05 PM

JLLaVoie:
    playing someone of the same tier yet they have only been playing for two months when I have been playing on here for ten years? Doesn't that sound fishy?
    Not at all IMHO!

It's not so difficult to become a TM - 100 rounds + some skills for a 63.00 average. Those gaming kids can do it easily in two months while spending a few bucks. There may be some restarters between them, but it's well possible for a genuine player.

No offence intended, but, looking at where you are after 11 years, you don't appear to be a good object of a comparison.

Is that fishy? No, because it's up to you, as the former is up to them!

RSS