Forums

Help › Forums

Videos for free credits

Tue, Jun 2 2020 1:55 PM (46 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 11:32 AM

I have had an email from WGT , blaming basically three things 

1. having an old device ! I don’t it’s a new iPad ! 
    2. having watched too many videos already !  I hadn’t been able to watch any videos , hence my email !
    3 . Videos being regional,based ! What a load of trash , I had told them it affected U.K. , Europe and parts of Canada and Thailand.

what annoys me is the inability of WGT to admit they cocked up during the downtime.

we all know mistakes happen , and I say , just be honest and admit it , don’t try and bull.hit your way out of it !

i know they are now working again , but honestly , just be more customer focused , admit mistakes and check your updates more thoroughly !! Pretty please !!  

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 11:37 AM

@bossbird

On the regional basis of the videos, I suspect they mean the ads are regionally based and not the difficulties. 

And that's true. During the 2018 U.S. midterm elections, I got a lot of ads that were only relevant to our state. I've also seen a fair amount of ads for companies that are only regionally or locally based (for example, auto dealerships).

Additionally, I happen to live in one state and work in another state. On the same day, I could have a lot of ads to view at home but none when I went to work (this was when we were able to play unlimited ads).

So, there's actually some validity to the third point. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 12:24 PM

I appreciate what you say Robert , and in the past before there were restrictions on numbers of videos , I do think they were dependent on regions etc. But it was clearly a downtime issue as many areas were affected , the day of the downtime . I know it’s splitting hairs , but I just think it would be more credible if they admitted it was their downtime that caused it. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 12:55 PM

I'm only amazed by the fact that watching free videos is treated as a matter of life or death here. LOL

I watch them when I can. If I don't, I don't.

WGT has no liability of providing free credits. They only offer them as a part of their services to customers so please FCS stop ranting as if they owe you something.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 1:05 PM

Simon , have you ever heard the saying “” if you have nothing worth saying , say nothing “ ? 

why are you always so aggressive in your comments . The whole point of this forum is to post views , problems , ideas etc.
     How dare you try and stop my views , they are just as valuable as any body else’s , my comments were absolutely not a rant. My forum post was directly related to the fact that suddenly after the downtime , videos in some countries were no longer available. 
     If you want to pick a fight , go ahead , I am not going to be bullied by you or any one else,this forum is as much for my use as yours .

Finally if you use abbreviations , remember not everyone knows what you are hiding behind, so I will spell it out in plain language , back off with your personal bullying !  

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 1:52 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I'm only amazed by the fact that watching free videos is treated as a matter of life or death here. LOL

I'm amazed at the hyperbole people use to make a point on here. 😋

And WGT offers them because they're being paid. No way in the world is their motivation to provide a "service to their customers." 

And that's fine. It's called capitalism. But to frame it as a service to their customers... WGT? 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 1:54 PM

bossbird:

I appreciate what you say Robert , and in the past before there were restrictions on numbers of videos , I do think they were dependent on regions etc. But it was clearly a downtime issue as many areas were affected , the day of the downtime . I know it’s splitting hairs , but I just think it would be more credible if they admitted it was their downtime that caused it. 

You're probably correct. But the person who responded to unlikely knows what the reason was. He or she was probably just going off a script of answers he was provided. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 4:51 PM

Robert1893:
    WGT offers them because they're being paid

True. WGT is a corporate so it is very natural, nothing wrong with that.
    The reason why I said "service to their customers" is because they're still providing something they don't "have to".

bossbird:
    Simon, have you ever heard the saying “” if you have nothing worth saying , say nothing “ ?

why are you always so aggressive in your comments . The whole point of this forum is to post views , problems , ideas etc.

How dare you try and stop my views , they are just as valuable as any body else’s , my comments were absolutely not a rant. My forum post was directly related to the fact that suddenly after the downtime , videos in some countries were no longer available.

“If you have nothing worth saying, say nothing"??!! LOL See... you're contradicting yourself here. How DARE YOU try to stop my views!

You've already posted multiple threads on the same subject, making a great fuss out of it. The only thing you had to do was write to CS about the matter. You've got their feedback, a decent one for a drama queen like yourself* I believe. (* You labelled me "aggressive" so voilà... Qui sème le vent récolte la tempête comme on dit chez nous et tu dois le savoir très bien toi aussi à en juger par le tricolore que tu portes.)

Maybe, only maybe... WGT had some explanation to do if it affected all of us but it wasn't the case (I, including many many others, was able to watch free credit videos the whole time with no issues whatsoever), meaning it wasn't probably WGT's fault or mistake unlike you're baselessly claiming so they have absolutely nothing to admit to you, PERIOD.

As a matter of fact, I think WGT is being extremely generous since they still allow you and me to collect 150 free credits a day after all that unlimited credit mining abuse they had to put up with. If I were the man in the house, I would've shut down the whole free credit thing once for all. WGT not being paid for those ads then? They can simply force you to watch ads at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of each round. You don't wanna watch them? Then buy balls and equipment periodically or stop playing! That's the option they could've easily switched to but they didn't so be grateful sometimes for what you have, rather than trying to put down the company giving you something you enjoy, well... I suppose you do since you're still here.

Again, WGT owe you nothing!

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 12:18 AM

Ok , firstly I wrote on here to specifically see if anyone else was having the same problem. I wanted feedback incase it was just an issue affecting me or anyone else too. When others said they had the same problem I wrote to WGT. 

you seem to think it is ok for some to,receive the videos and some not to. I don’t think that is ok. If they stopped everyone , then they stop everyone , but on this occasion that isn’t what had happened.

I do find your responses aggressive , and I certainly don’t consider you to be my friend so TU and TOI are not appropriate, thankyou.

finally I will continue to post on items that I feel need explanation or to establish whether other players experience the same issues as I am , is that not the point of the forum. When I do I am polite , and I am not aggressive and certainly I will try and hold WGT to account when things are unjust or unfair.

This is all I shall say on the matter here and now , but I expect we will continue to have confrontations , over perhaps free credits or perhaps something else , but you will not silence me .

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 12:44 AM

bossbird:
    Ok , firstly I wrote on here to specifically see if anyone else was having the same problem. I wanted feedback incase it was just an issue affecting me or anyone else too. When others said they had the same problem I wrote to WGT. 

You were making much ado for nothing while posting more than one thread about it. Once is enough!

bossbird:
    I do find your responses aggressive , and I certainly don’t consider you to be my friend so TU and TOI are not appropriate, thankyou.

Too bad but it's okay because I find yours stupid most of times. I don't consider you as my friend, either (it never crossed my mind, not even a split second) but it doesn't mean that I should vouvoyer to you. Respect is earned, not forced! Thank you.

bossbird:
    This is all I shall say on the matter here and now , but I expect we will continue to have confrontations , over perhaps free credits or perhaps something else , but you will not silence me .

T’inquiète, we won't. It's my last time ever talking to you. Me trying to silence you? Nope, only saying enough is enough.

BTW oops sorry... by the way, didn't you say at one point you would stop posting in the forums because people weren't nice to you, wouldn't chime in, patati patata? I think you'd better stick to it because apparently you're taking everything too personal.

RSS