Forums

Help › Forums

Does Uninstalling/Reinstalling app make a difference?

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 26 2020 5:01 PM (6 replies)
  • Sarahk8
    22 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 4:22 PM

The big question, I hear people say their distances are out and theyhave tried uninstalling and reinstalling app and it either has made a difference or it hasn’t. 
    To the video game tech’s out there my question is, is it possible when doing a reinstall of our wgt app that it can make a difference to our club distances ?

I know myself hasn’t done a reinstall of the app in over 10 months. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 6:07 PM

Sarahk8:

The big question, I hear people say their distances are out and theyhave tried uninstalling and reinstalling app and it either has made a difference or it hasn’t. 
    To the video game tech’s out there my question is, is it possible when doing a reinstall of our wgt app that it can make a difference to our club distances ?

Watch out for your apparel. I shut all mine off, it messes up my distances with my mapped clubs 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 8:13 AM

Sarahk8:

I've heard of this. personally I think it's a fairy tale.

More than likely when something is "way off" it's because I broke my routine and made an error.

Examples:

In my head I did the math for a shot while waiting on someone then the game gave me the wrong club and i forgot to check to change it.

Or  I forgot to add backspin to an iron shot and hit it flat. 

Didn't notice that i was in fringe and came up 2 feet short on a putt.

Was in fringe semi close to a hole. didn't notice. didn't check the meter and it was on 100 foot meter.  Bang it past 25 feet or more. 

Screwed up and hit a downslope on a green on st and with approach.

Sometimes the club doesn't change to what you clicked. always double check.

Exception: Some "rough" shots on erin hills actually are bunker shots. I hate being in rough near bunkers on Erin Hills for this reason. Always been that way though and they've never fixed it.

TLDR- its more than likely human error. Reinstall likely does nothing.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 9:10 AM

There are a lot of people who suggest reinstalling as a remedy for a plethora of issues. Personally I would only recommend it for times when you are getting major errors or issues where the game won’t load properly or has long lag issues. 

As far as the OP’s post, after looking at their profile and history, Don is correct about the fact that they will have different driver and 3 wood distances between H2H games and Tournament/CC rounds because of their Apparel Enhancements. 

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 2:13 PM

I have had several occasions where an uninstall/reinstall of the app on my iPad made a difference, but not for one specific incident. I have had several situations where wind effects were way out of line or when mapped distances no longer worked or when displayed yardages for clubs were off or operational issues like described above occur. These events are “broad based” and usually occurred after an iOS update. I also ran it by others, to include WGT CS, and all felt like me - after an iOS update a clean reinstall of the app is not a bad idea. I have also had situations where announced WGT updates that were supposed to have been applied were not and in order to have those updates, I needed to reinstall the app. The recent apparel additions to the Pro Shop are one example. I do it with other apps on my Windows based systems as well. It’s not uncommon for an update process for an app to go a little wonky and the usual first line response is to uninstall and reinstall to insure that you have the complete unadulterated version of the app.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 4:38 PM

More than anything, I try to maintain* my smartphone (and other devices such as laptop, tablet and PCs) in a regular basis. (* scan virus, clear out caches, clipboard, history & log files, check up memories, etc.) It helps not only WGT but also other apps perform at their best.

• Sarahk8
    22 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 5:01 PM

Some great opinions there guys :) keep them coming. 

RSS