Help › Forums

Distance help

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 2 2020 2:59 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2020 11:58 PM

You don't have to hit the Ding to be it a good shot.  Slightly left or right is ok.  Then a bit more than slightly is good too if you want it 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 3:20 AM

mantis0014:

You don't have to hit the Ding to be it a good shot.  Slightly left or right is ok.  Then a bit more than slightly is good too if you want it 

Agree in principle, but I dunno about "a bit more than slightly" though as it all depends how much you missed it. You don't wanna miss it "more than slightly" because it will drastically affect not only the direction but also the distance.

And another thing worth mentioning is you should avoid missing the ding with the wind like the plague. In other words, with the wind blowing from left to right for instance, you wanna miss the ding early which is like (intentionally) pulling it in real golf and vice versa.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 8:18 AM

mantis0014:

the higher your tier the more you get punished for slight miss hits.  That's bothered me for quite some time as it makes the game artificially harder.  

If I slightly miss hit a ball as a master, it went basically straight.  I miss hit a ball slightly as a Tour Legend, it goes 3-5 yards off line.  honestly, I think a slight miss hit should be punished the same regardless of the tier.  

But I tend to think I'm alone in that fight.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 2:24 PM

pdiehm:
    If I slightly miss hit a ball as a master, it went basically straight.  I miss hit a ball slightly as a Tour Legend, it goes 3-5 yards off line.  honestly, I think a slight miss hit should be punished the same regardless of the tier.  

Is this a fact?? I never noticed it in particular. I thought miss hit was a miss hit regardless of your tier.

What I do know for sure is that it has a lot to do with the forgiveness of your club. Given that you missed the ding at the same amount, the ball flight gets more deviated with L91* Nike Vapor than with L96 Nike Vapor Pro. (* Not sure about level numbers. I'm talking about the highest level iron set and the one right below it.)

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 2:59 PM

pdiehm:

the higher your tier the more you get punished for slight miss hits.  That's bothered me for quite some time as it makes the game artificially harder.  

But I tend to think I'm alone in that fight.

I wouldn't know about all of that. As a lower-tier player, I never slightly mishit a ball. I either dinged it or it was "Oh, crap! There goes another one!"

Probably explains why, as a lower tier player, I put three balls, in a row, out of bounds, off the tee, of the first hole of St. Andrews. 

Not. Even. Joking. 

• PAGES
RSS