Forums

Help › Forums

Please add 1600x900 resolution for windowed mode.

Tue, Jan 19 2021 8:34 AM (65 replies)
  • salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 11:32 AM

My mistake Scott..I admit. I tried it again and it does seem to set the game in actual 1680 x1050 resolution... First attempt must be some driver issue that happened.. I will give it few more tries. It is just heavily blocked by windows 10 smart screen and defender, but it must be some file signature thing

• Strayborne
    21 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 11:53 AM

Honestly Scott no I have not tried it, and am not going to. I assumed it was just resizing the window and stretching the window contents to maintain aspect ratio to fill the window. I realize that Unity is capable of dynamic scaling though. So I'm sure your tool achieves what I am looking for, but my point still stands. Users should not have to turn to a third-party utility to accomplish what should already be implemented into the client itself.

Yes, I am being stubborn. I push for and feel a developer should be held accountable. If more people would do so instead of turning to the community for a solution, they would be more likely to implement the feature themselves due to demand. The devs need to hear the voice of the community instead of letting the community take care of it and ignoring the issues.

Client resolutions is a very basic "feature" that all games have. This is something they should be taking care of. It's not content-based. It's a simple required basic function of the client itself. This is something THEY need to address.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 12:11 PM

Fumbled around with it, and it is giving resolutions in range around 1600 indeed. But only when game is set in windowed mode. If you go with fullscreen set in game, it will not bring you resolution that fills whole screen from edge to edge..it will actually stay with in game set resolution. But it is good that you can have sharp looking window that fits size of your monitor

Only "complain" about the tool is that windows 10 sees it as harmful .exe ..so its hard to get it and run it.. And it stays opened in taskbar even when closed on X button..so must be closed with "end process"

But, yes that is something that should be built in game, not solved with 3rd party software..Maybe it will be in future..

Nik

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 12:14 PM

@Strayborne

I suppose I should stay out of this because it doesn't affect me. But I still have to ask: You do realize that using the tool Scott provides and holding developers accountable are not mutually exclusive things, yes? 

I ask because it seems like a fix is being provided that does what you want but you won't use it because... well, I'm still not sure why you won't use it (other than, like you noted, stubbornness). 

Deciding not to use it is not going to have any effect on WGT's actions or inactions. So, why not use something that is of benefit to you? 

As I recall how this thread went, I think everyone agrees with your overall point. Or, at least, no one disagreed. But I seriously doubt anything written in this thread is going to have much of an effect on WGT. Indeed, they might not even read the thread. 

• Strayborne
    21 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 12:19 PM

Robert1893:
    But I seriously doubt anything written in this thread is going to have much of an effect on WGT. Indeed, they might not even read the thread.

Which is sad and goes to show how inept the company is. And it seems the majority of the community just takes it lying down and doesn't care. This is why game dev companies get away with putting out poor quality and poorly implemented content and gets away with it. Least amount of effort for the most amount of profit. It's just not okay in my eyes.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 12:55 PM

Strayborne:
    Which is sad and goes to show how inept the company is. And it seems the majority of the community just takes it lying down and doesn't care. This is why game dev companies get away with putting out poor quality and poorly implemented content and gets away with it. Least amount of effort for the most amount of profit. It's just not okay in my eyes.

I think it's a bit of an unfair statement to state the community takes it lying down and doesn't care. Over the years, many individuals have argued for increased functionality and for changes in the game. And the fact that Scott takes the time to develop tools and to help players is a testament to his generosity and graciousness. 

So, you might want to consider pumping the brakes a bit on the rhetoric because it's not only unnecessary, but it also doesn't reflect reality. 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 1:18 PM

I do agree with Strayborne that the developers have been very slow in coming up with more resolutions, in fact I think we may have less choice now than when the game was first released to us in October? But it is still under development so lets hope for some progress in that department.

Nik, I am aware that Windows 10 can be quite aggressive with downloading certain file types. I've had that issue with downloading my own files when testing, lol. So I understand the difficulties you have on that side of things.

The fullscreen mode that can be applied from the game's own settings is, in my opinion, shocking. They couldn't have made that anymore user-unfriendly if they tried, so I'm hoping they do something about that for the future as well.

Thanks for all the input though guys, I appreciate it very much.  ; )

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 2:06 PM

Now in better resolution I can finally see how avatars and flags are much sharper than background photos...I think thats something unfixable..That looked good only in flash :)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 2:33 PM

The course images are all jpegs as far as I know, approximately 1100 x 800 pixels I think, so they won't look much good when scaled up and I believe, Nik, they are the same pictures as used in the flash game.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 2:42 PM

This just a big Shame by top golf. I Don t belive they are not able to unlock the size of the window... It s 2 months i play by the new version and nothing has changed.  With my 27 inch monitor a full view is too big and the 1600 is too small.. I just would like have an unlocked view so I can select the size directly by the window.. 

RSS