Forums

Help › Forums

Multi Round Ready Go

Fri, May 22 2020 4:41 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 6:53 AM

I would LOVE to see a few Multi Round Ready Go tournaments. They could be 24 hours per round like the bracket tournaments are. A few different price points and both 9 hole and 18 hole options would be cool. My idea is for 4 rounds, but even 2 and 3 round options might be fun.

It would also be cool if they had an 18 hole one weekly (however many fill up during the week), that was all played on one specific course. It could have variable conditions, winds, green speeds, pin placements, and tees throughout the tournament, giving it the feel of a real 4 round tournament like the pros play. This special weekly one could play a different course each week, being sure to play all the courses.

This would be a WIN / WIN for WGT! They wouldn't be out any money because it is a ready go, and it would give a tourney to all the players who have been begging for multi round single play tournaments. 

WGT could start with a half dozen of these and see how well the reception is.

I hope this thread will explode with positive feedback, making it a petition for Multi Round Ready Go tournaments.

Cheers   Brett

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 9:06 AM

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 9:18 AM

😂🤣 ...at this point, I am just glad someone finally responded.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 10:22 AM

The Product Suggestions thread is where good ideas like yours come to die unfortunately.

Even more unfortunately it's also where bad ideas are constantly resurrected.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 6:05 PM

BPeterson8256:

I hope this thread will explode with positive feedback, making it a petition for Multi Round Ready Go tournaments.

Cheers   Brett

This is such an amazing idea, Brett! I can't believe it's not getting a better response for you. Maybe you should try to revive this post with a comment. Surely if players saw this post they would comment about how much they would love to see this fantastic idea implemented. Don't give up on it.

Brett

P.S. Don't worry about people thinking you're crazy for responding to yourself. Nobody is reading your post.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 7:05 PM

Easy Brett, don’t get too excited we still in quarantine :P lol 

Nonetheless a very stellar idea that may or may not come to fruition. Fingers crossed!

BABZ

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 7:56 PM

BPeterson8256:
    Don't worry about people thinking you're crazy for responding to yourself.

Sometimes you get a better quality conversation that way :)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2020 3:13 AM

@BPeterson8256

A very creative way of bumping one's own post! :-)

And I like your idea of multi-round tournaments. I prefer single-play mode.

• LLLlloyd88
    175 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2020 3:31 AM

I love the idea! As long as they don't make it unlimited play!

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2020 3:53 AM

Each week there is a 100 credit open two round premium tournament that is limited to the first 200 participants. (This week only had 161 entrants.) While this is not a ready to go tournament in that it has a designated start and finish time, it is similar. It pays the top scores with a prize pool of 16,000 credits.

For those who think monthly, there is a four round 100 credit premium tournament that only pays the top 3 scorers.(Prize pool of 30,000 credits. This month there were 36 entrants.)

Perhaps WGT has looked at the number of entrants for these premium tournaments and realized that it might be difficult to fill RTG  multi-round tournaments in a timely fashion. It is an intriguing idea and worth more consideration, but I am fearful that WGT won't go further down this road. It is more likely that large country clubs will be left with the responsibility of running these kinds of tournaments.

• PAGES
RSS