Forums

Help › Forums

Aiming shot fairway to green

Mon, May 11 2020 11:52 AM (2 replies)
  • Bobbylanka
    891 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 1:33 PM

Up till now, I have been using an aim method which relies heavily on where I click the ding line eg left or right of the actual ding line, but when I made a query about another matter with WGT, their advice was not to use this method but to move the pointer line left or right of the pin to account for wind deviation. I can see how this might work, but getting some kind of accuracy is largely guesswork.

Can anyone help me to refine this ie 2 feet to the left or right will account for 5mph! approx.

Help

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 6:55 PM

As a miss ding player myself I have found that moving the marker to aim is just as much guess work . Also moving the marker to aim does not always work either depending on the wind  speed . For low winds I never move the marker and only when on the high moderate end is it needed . You will have to practice to learn how to use the marker for aiming .

One thing I have noticed though when using the marker to aim . If the marker is touching the rough bunkers water or any area other than the fairway , the meter will spike severely causing mis-hits and errant shots .This will happen a lot when playing in high winds and using the marker to aim and adjust your shots .

Use the free ball in practice setting just to get the general idea of how to play using the aim marker and place the marker in the areas mentioned and watch what happens . Once you get the general idea down then you can start using your regular ball for play .

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 11:52 AM

This 

used to work quite nicely. Since then WGT messed with wind VEM, so now it's just a general guideline. Read on from my old post to see how others work it. 

If you play on PC, the pitch grid is 10 yards wide. If you play on mobile, I have no idea about the pitch grid. 

Good luck. 

RSS