Help › Forums

Flop from bunker

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 28 2020 5:10 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alpenpirat
    1,123 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 5:48 AM

flops out from bunker have to work better. 

How is wgt not changing this bug ??

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 7:38 AM

Although sometimes I do have difficulty getting out of the green side bunkers with a flop shot, the majority of the time I can get it to the green. I just can’t stop the roll. 😊

What is the bug on the flop shot?

• alpenpirat
    1,123 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 8:59 AM

Dave33200:

I just can’t stop the roll. 😊

You cant stop the roll.  thats what i meen 

• govandals
    110 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2020 7:26 PM

Don't know if that's a bug...  Flop shors out of sand do roll more than a flop would otherwise

Seems reasonable.

• phipster
    4,426 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 9:05 AM

With my 64 degree wedge I find that a full flop shot with full backspin consistently goes 12/13 yards out of the bunker unless the ball lands on a down slope on the green which would be true in real life as well...!!!

PS - you have to remember to aim well left of the hole as the flop shot on the ding throws the ball out to the right...

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 1:37 PM

phipster:

PS - you have to remember to aim well left of the hole as the flop shot on the ding throws the ball out to the right...

In fact, you don't. Ding the first mark where the bar turns blue, and aim straight to the target. You won't lose any distance, but the ball goes straight to your aiming point. 

cheers

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 6:50 PM

alpenpirat:

flops out from bunker have to work better. 

How is wgt not changing this bug ??

It is not a bug. You don’t get much if any backspin out of sand. And who actually flops out of sand in real golf? Wgt needs one more shot type that is only available if you are in a bunker. The blast but the blast can be simulated pretty well with the punch. In quite a few of the green side bunkers the pitch works well. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 9:32 PM

NrEighteen:
    Ding the first mark where the bar turns blue, and aim straight to the target. You won't lose any distance, but the ball goes straight to your aiming point. 
    I find that works very well. . . except in bunkers.  When in bunkers, I’ve found I need to move the aim and use the regular ding line.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2020 1:49 AM

borntobesting:
    In quite a few of the green side bunkers the pitch works well. 

I am very rarely in the green side bunkers but when I am I always flop. With the pitch out I assume you use full BS, and how much roll will you get? Going to try this next time if I remember. TIA. Cheers

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2020 2:53 AM

AlaskanDame:

I find that works very well. . . except in bunkers.  When in bunkers, I’ve found I need to move the aim and use the regular ding line.

You are right! I never tested that but after trying it out, you have a good point. Thanks. 

• PAGES
RSS