Help › Forums

Usual showdown glitches then

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 13 2020 8:17 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jeanniejef
    834 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 3:55 AM

When are WGT going to sort out these showdown glitches?

15th hole, playing well and in contention in veteran section. Putting for birdie , opponent now decides to forfeit rather than wait 10 seconds more for me to finish out. Error message, can’t clear it, reboot and hey ho what a surprise I’ve been awarded a 6. Total waste of time and effort, all the fun of previous 14 holes down the pan. 

Happening to far too many players and far too regularly. Been my 9th showdown and 3rd time I have been glitched out of things. Totally spoiling what should be a good, competitive and fun competition. 

My advice to all, unless they sort the glitches, don’t waste your coins on any showdown other than rookie section and then at least you only lose 10 credits. You will still have to suffer the glitches , but you know they are coming, be prepared for the heartache.

Davie

• dmjenks
    390 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 9:29 PM

I just had an opponent forfeit - result - I got 3 bogeys that knocked me out of the playoffs!  Total ***.  I'm done with head-to head.  Convince me otherwise.  I've lost track with my club because of this too.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 11:31 PM

Why play with an opponent who could quit, its strokeplay and why can’t the round be played single play?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 12:56 AM

I'm sorry, but after all these times with the glitches and bugs we all know they're unsolved, I'd rather say "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me".

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 7:58 AM

when an opponent forfeits there are three things that can happen.

1) you automatically just keep playing as a single. This is best outcome.

2)Get an error message and you wait a few seconds then it resets on it's own and you keep playing as a single. (also a great option)

3) Opponent forfeits and you get an error message that won't go away. if you click cancel you will get the bogeys. Retry is an option but it's never worked for me. It just keeps refreshing the error message.

There is a work around for when 3 hits but you'll have to play all 3 holes over again. And while it worked all 3 times i got that error this showdown I'm not sure it works every time or will the next showdown. And of course it hurt me as i had really good three holes going all three times someone bailed.

This is a huge problem for showdowns right now.

• WAKFUQ
    81 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 5:47 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I'm sorry, but after all these times with the glitches and bugs we all know they're unsolved, I'd rather say "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me".

How does this work? I can't find the names of 8 of the top 10 in the Finals of the Fiesta Showdown on the previous Qualifying or Elimination rounds list. Are people just playing the Final round somehow?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 2:36 PM

WAKFUQ:
    How does this work? I can't find the names of 8 of the top 10 in the Finals of the Fiesta Showdown on the previous Qualifying or Elimination rounds list. Are people just playing the Final round somehow?

Have no idea. Lots of wonders happen in the WGT land and I guess this is one of them, only a minor one comparing to others. Enough said. LOL

• WAKFUQ
    81 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 3:36 PM

WGT's response to my email query: 

"I assure you that all of these players played all of the rounds needing to qualify for the final round."

"Have a great day,"

WGT

Oh, okay. Lol

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 3:04 AM

WAKFUQ:
    Oh, okay. Lol

LOL Yup... that's WGT we know!

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 3:05 AM

It has already been pointed out in the previous showdown that there is more than one leaderboard for definite in the lowest division.

• PAGES
RSS