Forums

Help › Forums

Why is this game ripping me off.

Tue, May 12 2020 7:22 PM (6 replies)
  • AUGIE316
    119 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 6:31 PM

I only played 15 holes and I was -6 in the fiesta showdown. I did not even finish the last three holes yet. But it now says I am -3. And that I went +3 on the last three holes of the finals round. And I didn't even get to finish or even play my final 3 holes like really. Why do you guys like to seriously rip people off like what the heck. I did not even play the final 3 holes jerks.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 9:42 AM

Did you try and enter your final round and cancel out before you found a match ? 
    or perhaps had bad connection in your final round.?

if you contact WGT and tell them I am sure they will refund your entrance fee ,

if it thinks you forfeited it will automatically score you +3 for the match

in my group -13 is winning so perhaps you haven’t lost a massive amount , but I accept , that it isn’t acceptable !!  

• AUGIE316
    119 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 7:08 PM

I never even entered the final three holes that is the problem here this game is a rip off. Because I ran out of sponsorship time so I was going to wait and play the last three holes at a later time. And it says I played the last three holes and I never even played the last three holes and I am pissed about it. I was -6 with 3 hole left I had a shot at a top 10 finish or even top 15 finish.

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 4:20 PM

AUGIE316:

I never even entered the final three holes that is the problem here this game is a rip off. Because I ran out of sponsorship time so I was going to wait and play the last three holes at a later time. And it says I played the last three holes and I never even played the last three holes and I am pissed about it. I was -6 with 3 hole left I had a shot at a top 10 finish or even top 15 finish.

Why then, do you keep playing?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 4:32 PM

I don't think we have all the facts, WGT doesn't operate that way. User error most likely.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 5:42 PM

AUGIE316:
    I never even entered the final three holes that is the problem here this game is a rip off.

Two parts... : )  

Unfortunately, it sounds like you didn't watch or pay attention to the time allotted for each portion of the showdown. 

So, when you sat out to wait for another Sponsor timer session to play your final 3 holes, you failed to notice that portion of the showdown had less time available so when you didn't play your final 3 holes - and there is nothing that requires you to use a sponsor session during the showdown - once the time ran out - you were in fact awarded 3 bogies for failing to complete your round in the allotted time.

Innocent mistake - next time, don't wait for your next sponsor apparel to play your final 3 holes.  That wasn't WGT's fault but your own.

Now, part 2 - game is a rip off.  -- actually I am not going to touch this... there are all kinds of feelings or thoughts on the topic but -- we also all learn at some point what we signed up for and what the costs are associated with playing or how to watch videos or surveys. 

So, is it a rip off that WGT works with other businesses to offer incentives to earn credits without buying them?   A lot of people never spend a dime of their own money because they have used the options to earn credits without spending money.   

Sorry for the bad bounce, better luck next time!

• verdexon
    239 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 7:22 PM

AUGIE316:

I only played 15 holes and I was -6 in the fiesta showdown. I did not even finish the last three holes yet. But it now says I am -3. And that I went +3 on the last three holes of the finals round. And I didn't even get to finish or even play my final 3 holes like really. Why do you guys like to seriously rip people off like what the heck. I did not even play the final 3 holes jerks.

Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots - but you have to play the ball where it lies.
    - Bobby Jones

RSS