Forums

Help › Forums

So...you want to earn credits.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 10 2022 4:05 PM (39 replies)
  • MustangLarry
    29 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 3:38 PM

I recently began the process of earning credits as I am now playing more.  To begin with, I do not buy credits, but that does not mean I do not earn a bunch of them.

So, this thread can be an update to talk about how we are earning credits.

Here is my technique.  On average, I earn between 200-500 a day, so I can earn around 2500 credits a week.

I buy TM balls that cost 400 credits and that sleeve lasts about 4-5 days. I can save for a new club every few weeks if I want to.

Every day, when I am sitting watching TV or on the computer, I use my phone to watch videos.  In 30 minutes, I can easily get 100-125 credits. All I have to do is watch the screen every 15 to 30 seconds and hit "yes" for next video.

Surveys are always interesting.  I usually earn 200-300 credits a day doing surveys.  I have the best luck with the 126 credit surveys that can take 5-15 minutes.

I do not do any of the free credit promotions.

What do you do to earn credits?  What questions do you have?

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 6:05 PM

Over the years, that's always been basically my approach. But there are times I'll stop doing surveys. From time-to-time, there's a bit of survey fatigue that sets in. 

By the way, for your tier, I'd switch to the Callaway Level 33 balls. They're a great ball and cost 150 credits less per sleeve than the TM sleeves you purchase. 

• MustangLarry
    29 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 6:38 PM

Robert1893:
    By the way, for your tier, I'd switch to the Callaway Level 33 balls. They're a great ball and cost 150 credits less per sleeve than the TM sleeves you purchase. 

Thanks  I was thinking about that.  I actually just bought some 99 credit WGT GI3-S balls and they seem to be fine when I play them.  I was probably spending too much on balls.  I will check out the callaways as well.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 1:47 AM

All that time you spend on surveys and videos I spend practicing and improving my game so I can earn credits playing other players in Challenges.  That way I can spend my time with WGT doing what I joined to do - -PLAY GOLF!

What?    Y'think I joined to watch videos and take surveys??

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 4:42 AM

dchallenger:

All that time you spend on surveys and videos I spend practicing and improving my game so I can earn credits playing other players in Challenges.  That way I can spend my time with WGT doing what I joined to do - -PLAY GOLF!

+1 ... When I started out I was not nearly good enuff to "WIN" any credits and being on SS and a very fixed income I couldn't afford to buy balls ...period ! ...Well I was bitten by the WGT bug Baaaaaad so I was playing a ton and goin thru balls quickly and the HOURS spent on surveys was killin me!! Taking all the fun outta the game...So I turned to spending hours "Practicing" really practicing mapping clubs working the wind and elevation numbers etc... So now few years later like DC said... all my credits come from match play....skins...ready go's...WGT monthly's etc...Besides  a few bucks years ago (To get clubs) I have never spent money on credits and have not looked at a survey in maybe a year and a half?  So I concur with DC on this one.... Practice hard then take advantage of the WGT brackets and Tourneys for your tier and challenges against players around your level of play....

JD

• bonz
    12 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 6:13 AM

Yeah, I’d love to earn credits like I used to...but for some time now;(mobile player) there has been a glitch in the Peanut Labs window when it pops up. Doesn’t give you a full window, so it’s impossible to take the surveys.

Also, with the offer page, I get an error on any offer I click...too bad since it’s double credit weekend.

ive emailed support, over a month ago, and they were aware. Not sure why it hasn’t been fixed.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 6:31 AM

dchallenger:

I think you'll be surprised to learn that I have (literally) never given a single thought as to why you joined. 😀

Nevertheless, the OP started a thread on earning credits because he thought it might be helpful to some people. Indeed, not that long ago, someone posted a question about how do people earn credits. He was doing a nice thing. There was no need to thread crap.

By the way, my game is just fine, even though I spend time on surveys and videos. Moreover, primarily, I don't earn credits for myself. I earn credits so I can help others out, which is what I like to do (mostly in the Christmas in July and 12 Days of Christmas events). In fact, I can't remember the last time I purchased something for myself. 

Finally, I couldn't care less about getting better at the game anymore. In that area, I've reached all of my goals.

• MustangLarry
    29 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 6:39 AM

Robert1893:
    Nevertheless, the OP started a thread on earning credits because he thought it might be helpful to some people. Indeed, not that long ago, someone posted a question about how do people earn credits. He was doing a nice thing. There was no need to thread crap.

Thanks.  That was my intent.  To start a dialogue.  Some of us are not superstars on WGT and cannot win tournaments, but we enjoy the game and have fun. My life does not revolve around playing WGT, but I still want to do better.

I spend no more than an hour a day at the most to earn some free credits and it is more than enough to keep buying good balls and save enough to buy a new club when I need it.

Keep hitting them stragight!

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 6:44 AM

JDGHOST:

So I concur with DC on this one.... Practice hard then take advantage of the WGT brackets and Tourneys for your tier and challenges against players around your level of play....

JD

And that's fine. Even so, people need to back out the cost of balls in calculating how many credits they earn by doing that. 

I recently started doing surveys again (for a number of reasons, I hadn't done them for a long time). Between the surveys and the free video credits, I've earned over 10,000 credits in the last 3 weeks. 

And here's the thing: I did those activities while I was watching TV or took some time just before going to bed. Any extra time spent on those activities were negligible because I wasn't going to be doing anything else with that time, 

Everyone has to do what works for them. For many people, surveys and videos work well because they know exactly what they earn. Additionally, some people (like myself) don't actually enjoy tournaments or the competition. For me, that's not fun. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 6:46 AM

@MustangLarry

You're very welcome. 

Hit 'em straight and seldom yourself! 

RSS