Forums

Help › Forums

Enough is Enough

Sat, Jun 6 2020 7:58 PM (24 replies)
  • Apsku
    6 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 7:49 AM

I had exactly the same. Last 9 holes lost 3 shot because this. Can`t work this way.

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 12:58 PM

DonCaron:

salamicus:

Just played first 3 holes of final showdown round. Its still happening , like in previous 4 or 5 showdowns... Having nice chance to make round -2, opponent forfeits...It gives message like this one , which I couldnt read at all btw..

Untitled

Tried Retry 10 times..then waited a little .Nothing happened.So I restarted game and saw that it gave me bogey on last hole...So ,high showdown hopes are basically over, just as final round has started..and because of what? Cause I played holes with some random player who is just there to forfeit and nothing else

Cant believe that happened to me more than once ,and im still playing it

Nik

I'm wondering if its on Steam or the launcher?

I ran into the problem on the NV/PCEA/launcher/whatever you want to call it; in other words, not Steam.

Cheers,

Darren

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 1:34 PM

People have a justifiable reason to be upset when this happens... what people are also ignoring is that even if WGT reimburses them their entry fee -- WGT still comes out ahead because players playing in the more competitive divisions are investing time and ball hits.  

You realize what the rough cost is to play 15 games in a 3 hole coin game?  3 qualifier, 6 for the cut, and another 6 for the final.

With a high end ball, which some may very likely use... you are looking at 176.2 - 264.3 credits in ball use for a high end ball!

Great - you get reimbursed but you are completely out of your ball hits and your time - yet WGT has come out ahead.

If I can give you $5 while you giving me $10 back I would make that trade every day.  

Yes, we may be appeased with an entry fee, but I think people would be much happier to say - keep the entry fee and just FIX the issues and restore some faith or trust in the integrity of the showdown events.  They have a ton of potential and give mobile players and PC EA / STEAM players something to play for.   It is just discouraging to see the same problems persist every showdown.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 3:57 PM

DonCaron:

Can't see valid point in that steam-pcea comparation.. As far as I know every game played from here ,there or flash ends up on same server. And its a server issue. Sometimes happens, sometimes just let you play without your "companion"  Correct me if Im wrong

Nik

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 5:12 PM

salamicus:

DonCaron:

Can't see valid point in that steam-pcea comparation.. As far as I know every game played from here ,there or flash ends up on same server. And its a server issue. Sometimes happens, sometimes just let you play without your "companion"  Correct me if Im wrong

Nik

It probably is not the issue. Early Access is on Steam Servers. The Launcher is not and I believe Mobile is not. I was just trying to see were the problem is.

I don't believe its internet.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 5:35 PM

DonCaron:
    I was just trying to see were the problem is.

I don't believe that we can see here where the problem is :) They couldn't solve it since showdown number 1. But it happens to lot of people as I see in forum in other topics, so maybe its more clear now

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 2:21 PM

If its a glitch on their end from the first one, thats crazy to keep having them until they fix it.

Nothing wrong with the concept, but it would be pretty annoying.

• OttoPylot
    109 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 3:17 PM

<quote> hoping you can get more accomplished because my emails to customer support on a couple of these issues - are respectfully answered but have yet to be resolved or fixed.</quote>

This is exactly what was the response to my emails also. Thanked me for the info but offered no resolve and still hasn't over a month later now. Actually the problem is getting worse. Im seeing a lot more of the loading issues screen and the "resolving the shot" spins.

• OttoPylot
    109 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 3:20 PM

So what does Steam have to do with this? I dont use steam and never have so its not a steam issue at all.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 4:56 PM

OttoPylot:

So what does Steam have to do with this? I dont use steam and never have so its not a steam issue at all.

Otto you will have be patient like the rest of us. 

I believe California is still in lockdown. I don't know what they can do from home

RSS