Help › Forums

Putting From The Fringe

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 30 2020 11:09 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GreenKing72
    7 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 6:24 AM

Many times I find myself wanting to putt from the fringe. Why is this not a thing in WGT. It is very discouraging to try a putt when the distance is given in *yardage* from fringe, just way too much ambiguity for an accurate putt from the fringe. Please is there a way I can get exact footage to pin from fringe?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 1:31 PM

I always thought that if you were on the fringe and you had your putter in hand, the distance would be shown in feet. Perhaps you aren't on the fringe or perhaps I'm wrong. 

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 2:30 PM

Full pic ⬇

https://postimg.cc/jC5LDFJP

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 2:42 PM

ScottHope:

I always thought that if you were on the fringe and you had your putter in hand, the distance would be shown in feet. Perhaps you aren't on the fringe or perhaps I'm wrong. 

You are correct Scott. If you have the putter in your hands it will show in ft. If you switch to a wedge it will show in yards. 

OP: are you sure you are on the fringe? Or maybe you are on the fairway?

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 4:08 PM
    When you are on the fringe you will always get a high putter meter usually the 100ft meter. I have also had instances getting the 150ft meter
  • GreenKing72
    7 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 4:36 PM

Thank you so much for all the replies.

I am pretty sure you are all correct. I am wrong it sometimes appears to be on the fringe graphically and I can see the lie description is rough or fairway. sorry for wasting a thread and your time.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 4:56 PM

ScottHope:

right... if he see the distance in yrd it means he is not in the fringe. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 7:17 PM

largemouth51:
    When you are on the fringe you will always get a high putter meter usually the 100ft meter. I have also had instances getting the 150ft meter

Actually, I just played a practice round and was on the fringe for one hole. It gave me a 20-foot meter for the putt. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 3:24 PM

My experience is mostly PC Flash, with some mobile and EA.

Of course, the lie should say "Fringe" if you are there.

If you have the putter, distance will be in feet, any other club it will be in yards.

If you are on the fringe, you can see the dots and gridlines for a putt, pitch, or chip shot.

How the caddy picks a putting meter is not absolute, but it seems to be based on the absolute distance of the putt, irregardless of elevation change.  It never picks what I would, unless it is less than a couple of feet!!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 9:19 PM
    If all else fails (and I'm not a big fan of putting from the fringe on WGT, thougjh I usually do it in real golf), divide by 3.
    GreenKing72:

Many times I find myself wanting to putt from the fringe. Why is this not a thing in WGT. It is very discouraging to try a putt when the distance is given in *yardage* from fringe, just way too much ambiguity for an accurate putt from the fringe. Please is there a way I can get exact footage to pin from fringe?

• PAGES
RSS