Forums

Help › Forums

Broken Fiesta Showdown

Fri, Jun 12 2020 4:08 AM (8 replies)
  • Llxrddd
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 11:47 AM

My opponent disconnected and then forfeited the game before we could play one hole. The game went on to let me play alone with the head to head time limit. I completed these 3 holes with even par but for some reason the game stated that i had played 6 holes and automatically scored my first three holes as bogeys despite me only playing 3. I need help as this is a very difficult tournament and three lost holes automatically counted as bogeys despite me never playing these holes seems unfair as i never disconnected or anything.

• GilWallace
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 9:15 AM

That kinda thing happened to me and now I also have a leader in my section that is level 88 playing with level 90+ equipment as well as several of the other leaders playing with equipment beyond their level.

• CaverNolema
    10 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 12:25 PM

Basically the same thing just happened to me. The difference was I waited a little longer than normal for an opponent to be found. 

Once one connected we played 3 holes as normal. After we finished I noticed I had dropped many more slots than I had expected. Then I saw holes 9-12 had been given bogeys, and 12-15 were scored as I had just played. 

My goal every showdown is the qualify for the final round. I know with all of the sandbaggers involved I'll never get close to contending  .

I'm also aware this type of thing happens every showdown, but I was careful. I have told myself to quit playing showdowns until this seemingly simple issue can be resolved  

I should have listened to myself. Lol.

• Casi2601
    22 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 11:28 AM

Same happend to me just now, but with no langer waiting than normal. Thought to play the holes 7-9 of the final round and after the match I got +4 in the ranking.

The scorecard says that I played holes 10-12 in real and that 7-9 have all been boogies.

Ím very affraid of that and directly write to the service. Hope they can solve this as I´ve been in 5th place for so far.

• Geoff2690
    3 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 5:58 PM

Had issues playing my first 3 holes, 1st hole 1st shot froze and run out of time, rushed second cause was slow again, putt froze and almost run out of time again so just hit the putt without alignment. 2nd hole froze again for tee shot but just got it away and then froze on putt and disqualified. So 2 over for 1st 3 holes. 

Not happy and have emailed WGT. 

Won't play anymore holes unless they reset me

WGT need to sort out the speed asap.

• weetabix7
    524 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 3:02 AM

I have had the same issue, in all the rounds so far :(

You just seem to get some momentum going then bang. Loading issues or players disconcerting and its 3 shots gone .

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 6:34 PM

Exact same thing happened to me in the June Showdown. Had a player forfeit on me, early in the round on holes 4-6. I get to the end of the round, suddenly it says that I've played 9 holes and gives me a bogey for each of the holes 4-6, Really frustrating, and kills any good game that I had going (plus costing me coins, and potential balls & credits that I could have won)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 11:14 PM

amb1923:

Exact same thing happened to me in the June Showdown. Had a player forfeit on me, early in the round on holes 4-6. I get to the end of the round, suddenly it says that I've played 9 holes and gives me a bogey for each of the holes 4-6, Really frustrating, and kills any good game that I had going (plus costing me coins, and potential balls & credits that I could have won)

Sorry to hear that.

Been going on this way from day 1 since the introduction of Showdown event. The best is not to play in it until they fix the problem.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2020 4:08 AM

They must be well aware of the problems with the showdowns, but it’s now becoming as obvious as the nose on your face, TDGAF!

RSS