Help › Forums

Just Getting Started

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 15 2020 5:43 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimGamer
    3 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:57 AM

Hey everyone. I'm just getting started on here. A buddy of mine referred it to me. I normally only play Simulation games, like OOTP Baseball and Football Manager (Soccer)...but I love golf.

Spent about a week or so playing so far. Most of my time has been spent in practice rounds, trying to adjust to the speed of the meter, and putting. I really appreciate the forums, as they've been a huge help in learning the putting speeds and some of the different shot types.

I've tried some of the tournaments with mixed results. I haven't won my money back on any of them yet, but usually it only ends up costing me half of what I put into it (ex: I get 5 credits back on a 10 credit tournament).

What's the deal with Country Clubs? Are there special things for people in them?

See you out there.

• Doncd1
    425 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 7:24 PM

The country club gives you the putter pal and shot pal ,which is nice to have. Club level has to be 3 or above to get them. You also get more Xp, based on your club level. Every couple of weeks, there's a club clash which pits likes clubs against each other. It's fun but challenging. Clubs also have there on tournaments. Some are free, some aren't free. We Ravenswood Hollow CC run a monthly tournament which is free to enter and pays credits to the top 10 finishers.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:42 PM
    A 62 on your fourth ranked round lol, welcome to the jungle!
  • pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 1:23 AM

claremoreblue:

A classic restarter 😂

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 3:12 AM

SimGamer:
    I'm just getting started on here.
    You seem amazingly talented!

Just in case you do not know, and for others who don't:

- As a Pro, you won't get a positive credit balance from open RGs - too many players with better equipment around. It's better to stick with your peers.

That said, you won't win the credits necessary to buy better equipment. At max, you'll get some returned after paying for the clubs.

- Country Clubs:
    From CC level 4, they offer free shot + putting pals, not much more on the material side. But, you get tournaments in familiar atmosphere, company, advice if you wish, maybe friends who do not quit on you.

You also get the rat race for CC XPs, levels and "benefits" from the Clashes, but that ain't mandatory.

CCs are free to join and free to leave. So, if you are a sociable guy, look out for an active one!

• SimGamer
    3 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 4:16 AM

Yea, I have no idea what happened there. Everything I shot was going in. I think I had 3 Eagles...one was like 120 yards out. I haven't been able to duplicate the success though.

I've probably played well over 100 practice rounds. 4 practice rounds I spent just working on putting and getting the different greenn speeds right. There's a good thread on here about putting green speeds amd the math involved in them.

Still, the controls weren't hard to pick up. This isn't the first game to utilize a meter for power and accuracy, and if you do a little research on the forum, the math in the game is pretty much out there. Hitting greens and fairways is pretty easy, the most difficult part is reading the break on putts.

I bought my first new club...I made it a putter, with a 15 foot distance and more forgiveness. My buddy told me to not waste money on any more clubs until I get to a higher level...although a Drver that hits over 225 yards would be nice. That seems like a joke. I drive around 260 in real life.

• SimGamer
    3 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 5:42 AM

alosso:

SimGamer:
    I'm just getting started on here.
    You seem amazingly talented!

It doesn't take a lot of talent to go from really bad to average. I'm sure the game is designed for people to learn to shoot a 70 really quick, because if we stepped up and shot in the 80's every time, we'd all quit. There needs to be some sort of progression early on to hook us into the game.

I expect I'll be shooting in the 66-68 range pretty soon. If I want to regularly shoot lower than that, I'll likely need to level up to be able to purchase better clubs. I've been playing some Ready Go tournaments lately (just the ones that cost 10 credits), and from what I can tell, you need to be able to shoot in the 64-62 range to have the game be "self sustaining" financially. I feel like I'm a long way off from doing that.

Thank you for the info and advice on the Country Clubs. Seems like it could be cool, but I think I'll just keep practicing for now.

-SG

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 6:00 AM

SimGamer:

What's the deal with Country Clubs? Are there special things for people in them?

Hello Sim 

You can check us out to read about the advantages of joining a country  club.

If you are looking for a mobile team, come check out:

The Danny Noonan Misfits

We use the Discord app to chat.

All the best,

DH.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 8:18 AM

pmm711:

claremoreblue:

A classic restarter 😂

Looks like Paul was right - user name not found in search for WGT players.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 11:19 AM

claremoreblue:

^This guy is king of the jungle lol

BABZ

• PAGES
RSS