Forums

Help › Forums

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 19 2020 1:36 AM (4 replies)
  • TimK560
    45 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 11:26 AM

Hello,

Thank you for allowing me to join. My name is Tim. From NY.

I have only played this game for two weeks. I'm able to shoot 72 or 73 in easier conditions. I have a question.

1- The Credit thing kinda of bothers me. I used to play a game called links 2003 and I got to where I could shoot low 50's almost most of the time. It took thousands of hours and thousands of mulligans to figure out how to master this game. 

How in the world do you master this game without spending hundreds of dollars on balls, equipment and the likes? I play six or seven 9 hole practices and the game takes out one of my balls, maybe two. I'm not gonna spend 6 or 7 dollars a day on balls. 

I did post this on the regular forum. How did people get better and not spend all this money? I did upgrade my clubs and I'm glad I did but the ball thing kinda of bothers me. 

Anyway, looking forward to playing with some people and learning. 

Thanks again

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 3:26 PM

TimK560:
    How in the world do you master this game without spending hundreds of dollars on balls, equipment and the likes? I play six or seven 9 hole practices and the game takes out one of my balls, maybe two. I'm not gonna spend 6 or 7 dollars a day on balls. 

Hello Tim and welcome to the game...Let me start with honestly you cant find a better online golf game then right here (although we all complain at times ..myself included) And kudos to you for joining a good club in "TDNM's" I'm sure you will get help and answers there on your club forum....

That being said... the ball thing is a B*tch and unfortunately there is not much of a way around it! I felt the same way as you in the beginning ...So my advice is this.... Focus on getting better equipment...BUT... Don't spend to much money on that either as you are still very low in your leveling....As you level up the equipment gets better and better....Now since you are still "Learning" the game you can stick with the free balls for awhile the better you get the less you will lose balls IE: water hazards or OB shots ....When you get to a point that you are hitting fairways and greens pretty much on the regular ...That's the time you start using a better ball (I recommend the Callaway level 33 balls) once you get to level 33.... Great ball for the money $2.50 a sleeve and unless your just playing 8-10 hours a day that sleeve should get you thru 2 days play...

That's about the best I got to offer ...Good Luck!!

JD 

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 5:07 PM

Slow meter WGT balls are a good place to start.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 6:31 AM

Hey Tim

In the 'Community Help' read the post "Advice for New Players" it may give you some practical info you can use. Stay safe  and keep your balls in the fairways.

Siders Best

• LordElpus
    922 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 1:36 AM

Hi Tim,

Consider running videos on your mobile to get free credits that way you can buy better balls without spending money, many players here do that.

RSS