Help › Forums

Is this the right way ?

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 4 2020 2:07 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TimK560
    45 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 1:32 PM

I'm new to this game. I have been practicing for about two weeks and can shoot under 80 in easier conditions. 

The issue I have right now is the rabbit hole of money this seems to cost. I can play on and off all day because I work at my computer but I can go through a sleeve of balls almost everyday just from playing, not losing them. 

This is a little costly and I don't see myself spending all this money trying to get good. Is this what everybody did on here or what am I missing?

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 2:39 PM

WOW !!!

I am just going to leave this one to the regulars.   

(Nice first post though.)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 2:57 PM
    At your level, and tier, this game shouldnt be costing you a dime. Use the starter balls, and learn the lay, slopes and run out of the greens. Imo, you're killing yourself when it comes to the course management part of learning, how to play well.
  • callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 3:02 PM

Get yourself a smart phone and watch the 2 credit videos. You can get 150 credits a day...max.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 3:10 PM

Luckystar5:
    At your level, and tier, this game shouldnt be costing you a dime. Use the starter balls, and learn the lay, slopes and run out of the greens. Imo, you're killing yourself when it comes to the course management part of learning, how to play well.

+1

In my opinion, there's no way new players should be spending any money on balls. Just play the starters. But if a player wants to upgrade balls, still stick to the really cheap sleeves. 

In my opinion, if a person is spending more than 100 credits per sleeve, and they don't have decent clubs, it's a waste of credits. And even with good clubs, the best value ball out there is the Level 33 Callaway. I played that ball until I got to Legend tier. Below Legend, there's really no need to spend more money than that. 

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:58 PM

Robert1893:

Luckystar5:

+1

In ...,

the best value ball out there is the Level 33 Callaway. I played that ball until I got to Legend tier. Below Legend, there's really no need to spend more money than that. 

I'm  still using the Callaway 33s at Legend for daily fun play

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 6:31 PM

Robert1893:

Luckystar5:

+1

In my opinion, there's no way new players should be spending any money on balls. Just play the starters. But if a player wants to upgrade balls, still stick to the really cheap sleeves. 

In my opinion, if a person is spending more than 100 credits per sleeve, and they don't have decent clubs, it's a waste of credits. And even with good clubs, the best value ball out there is the Level 33 Callaway. I played that ball until I got to Legend tier. Below Legend, there's really no need to spend more money than that. 

Well the OP can buy balls almost as good as the Max balls he is playing with for about 1/6 of what he is paying for the Max balls. The WGT Tour GI_SD ball that ranges  from 112 credits for light blue up to 128 credits for gold and between 118 or so up to 124 for different colors is certainly a better option for him that the 650 credit Max ball he is playing. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 6:59 PM

👍

• TimK560
    45 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 7:28 PM

Ok,

Thank you. The issue is I got used to the good balls that slow the swing speed down a great deal and the starter ball seems to go to fast. 

I'll keep working the starter ball until I get better. I can shoot 72 or so but when I look at the scores of other guys on here, I might as well be shooting 100. That is what 72 is on here.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 8:08 PM

TimK560:
    The issue I have right now is the rabbit hole of money this seems to cost.
    No wonder - you're using some of the most comfy "Ultra Slow" balls while "slow meter" costs a fortune here!

Use any cheap ball (e.g. B-ES for 10 cr per sleeve) or do something radical:

Drop all the custom clubs and use Starters and Starter balls to learn the game in your early stages! This combo has nice meter speeds though the shots will be a tad erratic. Never mind, have fun!

Use only full + punch shots (no chips&pitches) and have an expense-less pastime! At L38, you may purchase two short wedges to replace the
    §$%" Starters and re-decide on clubs & balls.

• PAGES
RSS