Forums

Help › Forums

NEW PINS @ WOLF CREEK WOOOOHOOOO!!

Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:55 PM (9 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:35 AM

After last night's update was pleasantly surprised to find 6 of 9 NEW pin locations @ The Creek front 9 this morning !!! Way to go WGT .....Hopefully find some more new pins as the day goes....

JD

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:47 AM

JDGHOST:

After last night's update was pleasantly surprised to find 6 of 9 NEW pin locations @ The Creek front 9 this morning !!! Way to go WGT .....Hopefully find some more new pins as the day goes....

JD

Awesome

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 6:01 AM
    Yes ! This is awesome ! Just played F9 in practice mode.. feels so weird 😂 thanks WGT !! Will be fun learning the new pins :) Jordan
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 1:39 PM

12,15,16,17 and 18 all got new pins. 

12 has the pin in front left of green but it's on a shelf so short approaches are going to roll back.

15 went farther back, a 9i punch now instead of a PW punch.

16 moved left.

17 got real interesting because the pin is where it is in the CTTH and the water is now in play.

18 got interesting, too, because you can take a full driver and not worry about getting on top-that's where the pin is.  :-)

*edit- I came across new pins on 10 and 14...

10 plays very much like the front pin on PB3-inline with the pin putts are straight, either side bends.

14 has the pin on the lower left side, eliminating that slope in front of the other pin but my impression is it plays longer than it looks. I came up short in my only try.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 3:27 PM

YankeeJim:

12,15,16,17 and 18 all got new pins. 

12 has the pin in front left of green but it's on a shelf so short approaches are going to roll back.

15 went farther back, a 9i punch now instead of a PW punch.

16 moved left.

17 got real interesting because the pin is where it is in the CTTH and the water is now in play.

18 got interesting, too, because you can take a full driver and not worry about getting on top-that's where the pin is.  :-)

10 also had a new pin when I played it this morning Jim. It's at the front, looks easier but....isn't.

Nigel.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 3:43 PM

they probably all did. just any onetime you aren't going to see them all 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 4:15 PM

#7 is a doozy. It’s on a tiny shelf on the right side of the green and about 2 yards from a downslope. 

On another note, I really wish WGT have given us new pins for either Olympic, Pinehurst, or RSG instead of Wolf Creek. It’s still new enough; while the other ones are very old and in need of a facelift.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 4:26 PM

Wutpa:
    10 also had a new pin when I played it this morning Jim. It's at the front, looks easier but....isn't.

Yes, I just saw that in AS match and also 14.

10 plays very much like the front pin on PB3-inline with the pin putts are straight, either side bends.

14 has the pin on the lower left side, eliminating that slope in front of the other pin but my impression is it plays longer than it looks. I came up short in my only try.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:43 PM

All 18 new pins are in play for the WGT Live Series : May Open which started today instead of May 1st. But you don't really get a feel for how they are going to play from the tips, All holes are being played from the master/tour master tees, 

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:55 PM

fobby1980:
    really wish WGT have given us new pins for either Olympic, Pinehurst, or RSG instead of Wolf Creek. It’s still new enough; while the other ones are very old and in need of a facelift
    +10

RSS