Forums

Help › Forums

New format

Sat, May 2 2020 3:04 PM (7 replies)
  • Strikeking
    31 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2020 10:48 AM

Now that Flash is going away at the end of the year some players don't know this or that you are creating a new format. Would be nice for you to send all members of the new format and what format to use, Stream or something else and how to down load the new format. I found out this from a club member. I downloaded Stream and have played some practice rounds. Is Stream going to be the App to play or something else?

I asked players I have play with and a lot of them don't know anything about new format and said they would just do something else. Rather than lose a lot of players would suggest you sent out a message to all players with instructions on what to down load. Since I down loaded Stream and there is a new web site will I be able to play or have to uninstall Stream and install new format. Please let me know so I cam continue to play the game. I get great enjoyment from playing and the challenge. 

Also would be nice to move pin locations sometimes. 

Thanks for your time, Strikeking

• Colinthebolin
    2 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2020 12:21 PM

I agree with you SK. I would also be pleased to find where we can comment on our experience of the new format. I have to say that the early release that I am trying is exactly the same as the mobile app and in my opinion nowhere near as good as the Flash version.

I will probably not bother playing when Flash finishes if the graphics and backgrounds aren't improved to the level that they are no won Flash. It will be sad to stop playing after ten years but I cannot recommend the latest format yet even though the new format clearly has some advantages and particularly the lack of internet lag. 

Colinthebolin

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2020 5:19 PM

Colinthebolin:

I agree with you SK. I would also be pleased to find where we can comment on our experience of the new format. I have to say that the early release that I am trying is exactly the same as the mobile app and in my opinion nowhere near as good as the Flash version.

I will probably not bother playing when Flash finishes if the graphics and backgrounds aren't improved to the level that they are no won Flash. It will be sad to stop playing after ten years but I cannot recommend the latest format yet even though the new format clearly has some advantages and particularly the lack of internet lag. 

Colinthebolin

When Early Access comes up in the steam version, Hit Shift + Tab and you can get to your friends list and at the bottom you will see community. Click on that and you will see everyone commenting.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 1:04 PM

Colinthebolin:
    I will probably not bother playing when Flash finishes if the graphics and backgrounds aren't improved to the level that they are no won Flash.

The backgrounds (i.e. the courses themselves) are the same on the new version as on flash as far as I can tell. They use the same photos and the only difference might be the resolution you have the game set at.

The overlays (avatar, ball, flag etc) are another matter.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2020 10:01 AM

I think the graphics on the Early Access are great. I have no problem with how it looks.

Yes, the overlays could be better, I'm sure they will work on them.

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2020 10:39 AM

Yup, the backgrounds are the same I'm sure, as these little treats are still there...

⇩ EDIT : @coboejoe, don't want to add déjà vu into the mix as well, lol. ⇩

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2020 11:07 AM

having only played pcea for a few months now i have to say i enjoy the new version better, it took a bit of time to find your way around but the game itself from tee to green is near on the same. the greens however are very different and if your an off ding putter(which i was) then you are going to have learn the putting but that doesnt take to long to get used to

• cobojoe
    2,005 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2020 3:04 PM
    Scott, Please report that shot to Yancey immediately. He will investigate it for us! LOL Cobojoe
RSS