Forums

Help › Forums

"My Tournaments"

Fri, Jul 2 2021 8:28 PM (22 replies)
  • MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 1:26 PM

Hi -

noticed a few days back we have a new section in the tournaments section called "My Tournaments". There we have a "Enter New Private Tournament". 

A few individuals have looked to see how a Private Tournament can be set up yet we do not see anything on mobile, Early Access PC, nor in flash/web. 

Is this something that is coming soon or can someone please explain?

thanks in advance.

MC 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 1:40 PM

That's interesting. I just went to check that out and I see what you mean. 

Of the 10 entries showing as 'My Tournaments' it seems like a very patchy list with one going back to December 2019, and the vast majority of the more recent ones I've entered and played not listed at all.

And when I click on 'Enter New Private Tournament' it asks for a tournament code.....

Like I said, interesting.

Nigel.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 4:33 PM

Wutpa:

That's interesting. I just went to check that out and I see what you mean. 

Of the 10 entries showing as 'My Tournaments' it seems like a very patchy list with one going back to December 2019, and the vast majority of the more recent ones I've entered and played not listed at all.

And when I click on 'Enter New Private Tournament' it asks for a tournament code.....

Like I said, interesting.

Nigel.

I think we will find out in due time. Private Tournament is interesting to say the least.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 4:50 PM

If its like the other golf games , its not what it cracked up to be. 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 5:14 PM

If I had to guess .. I would think that it will be some form of a way to setup a Tourney in same way as a CC tourney BUT allow any player from any CC to enter. I would assume you would invite players to play by giving them the name to search for and enter.  
    But as is common with WGT’s non-existent PR DEPT. it will be cloaked in fumbled secrecy so that we can guess and speculate as to the truth. 😖

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 5:33 PM

I had half a hope that maybe they were working on a way for multiplayer play in tournaments.

Half a hope may be overstating it. A quarter.

An eighth.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 6:25 PM

MarchieB:

a way to setup a Tourney in same way as a CC tourney BUT allow any player from any CC to enter. 

That is our assumption as well but wasn't able to find anything. Looked on PCEA, Mobile, and flash, owners of other clubs also looked at owner tools, etc and nothing. So hoping we find out something soon. Would be cool to set up tournaments with other clubs or friends. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 7:09 PM

MarchieB:

If I had to guess .. I would think that it will be some form of a way to setup a Tourney in same way as a CC tourney BUT allow any player from any CC to enter. I would assume you would invite players to play by giving them the name to search for and enter.  
    But as is common with WGT’s non-existent PR DEPT. it will be cloaked in fumbled secrecy so that we can guess and speculate as to the truth. 😖

That would be great. I would love to multi player in tournaments or setup for players from other clubs to play in a tournament.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 7:22 PM

I cant find it at all , Is it on the EA ?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 7:34 PM

CEverett12:
    I cant find it at all , Is it on the EA ?

It is, yes.

From the Main Menu select Game Modes then Tournaments, and there are five buttons at the top of the screen. My tournaments is the farthest right hand one.

Nigel.

RSS