Help › Forums

What Is Your WGT Personality?

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 6 2020 1:48 PM (8 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 7:45 AM

What is your WGT Personality?

In the four years of playing this game, I have made some observations and had some experiences from which I have developed the following WGT Personality Summary. Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion. Notice that I frequently use the words “generally”, “likely”, “probably”, and “somewhat”. One important focus of this summary is about the health and well-being of a country club.

What all players have in common is some level of interest in the game of golf. Once the interested person begins to play WGT, their golf personality starts to develop. Eventually most everyone falls into one of the three following categories:

1. Hobbyist - (Something to do in your spare time)

1. These players are generally satisfied with just experiencing the novelty of the game. They may play often but are not driven and are likely to gravitate to the alternate shot or just random single player games. They tend to not care about achieving a higher tier level or lower averages and probably would not make the best country club member.

2. Achiever - (Something to accomplish, a challenge)

1. These players are fascinated by this game and always curious to learn more. They will likely never be satisfied with just being a good player but will always want to achieve more and experience a wide range of the WGT world. They probably make the ideal country club member. The social aspect of WGT may be as important to them as the technical.

1. Competitor - (Something to win, a need)

1. These players are hungry for competition and are likely over achievers. They play to win and may be somewhat impatient and even abrasive with other players. They likely do not care much about the interests of others. The game is about themselves. Although they need to belong to a country club in order to have the tools and opportunity to compete at a high level, they may not help a club achieve a good balance since they tend to identify mostly with an elite segment of its membership.

As a rule, a Hobbyist is not compatible with a Competitor and a Competitor is not compatible with a Hobbyist however the Achiever is very likely to be some of both and most likely makes the most beneficial country club member.

To experience the most enjoyment of the game, I believe players would be wise to try to identify their WGT Personality early on. This will help them acquire the right friends and find the best fitting country club. gl and hf  FORE!

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 1:04 PM

LABELS, LABELS why must we label everything???

Is nothing safe?

You forgot:

Apathetic players

Misanthropic players

The ever present cheaters...etc.

Just call me indifferent to it all, and move on

-------------------<*{{{{{-(

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2020 11:05 AM

gonfission:

LABELS, LABELS why must we label everything???

-------------------<*{{{{{-(

Joe, the now generation.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2020 1:33 PM

To the OP,

Although I generally agree with your three categories theorem, I believe it should be expanded to include a fourth... The somewhat verbosive, totally addicted, old school, pc playin' ( An' I don't mean "politically correct" ) money spendin', don't give a rat's, peeps that made this game the phenom that it is, or was, or still could be. ( I is confused,  me wayback machine may have malfunctioned). 

Doc :)

• craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:52 AM

People just think i'm Annoying .

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 1:00 PM

And they are quite right!

• arikuld
    108 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 1:48 PM

I am number 2 and love it :-) 

Ari

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 2:47 PM

I'm what you might call the crumby moronic type.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 2:55 PM

Reformed

OPY

RSS