Forums

Help › Forums

How to scale power bar

Thu, Jan 19 2023 1:24 PM (22 replies)
  • gillian5048
    154 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 5:27 PM

I have watched several lesson videos and YouTube. I have noticed that most all, if not all, the instructors have scaled power bars at the bottom of the screen. Currently I am guesstimating the power I am addressing the ball. What I would like to know is how are scaled power bars developed. I think this would help my game. Thanks. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 5:59 PM

gillian5048:

I have watched several lesson videos and YouTube. I have noticed that most all, if not all, the instructors have scaled power bars at the bottom of the screen. Currently I am guesstimating the power I am addressing the ball. What I would like to know is how are scaled power bars developed. I think this would help my game. Thanks. 

Join a Country Club thats at least L-4. You get free Putter Pal and Free Shot Pal

• gillian5048
    154 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 10:50 AM

I wonder why this isn't available to all players. Not really sure what an L4 CC is. It would be helpful to those new to WGT to have lesson videos produced that do not have scaled power bars if they are not readily available. Just a thought.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 2:48 PM

gillian5048:

I wonder why this isn't available to all players. Not really sure what an L4 CC is. It would be helpful to those new to WGT to have lesson videos produced that do not have scaled power bars if they are not readily available. Just a thought.

They are called Shot Pal for fairways shots and Putter pal for putts.

They are offered free in a country club that reaches L-4, its a country club perk.

If you are not in a country club, then the only way you can get them is to pay for them in the Accessories section of the pro shop.

I hope that explains to you.

Don

• Kalliste
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 2:59 PM

Hi Gillian

Players who join a Country Club which is higher than level 4, all get the free Shot Pal meter bar and a free Putter-Pal meter bar and both of these are marked into 10 segments. So that if your your Putter-Pal meter is say 20 feet of power for instance, then the 5th line along ....the half way mark .....will give you 50% of power which is 10 feet if you manage to click on it as power meter comes back toward the ding line.

Of course some players here are not in a Country Club so they make their own power meter scale / gauges. Just take a thin strip of card or paper and cut it to the exact length of the power bar.

Then mark that strip of paper with 10 lines l  l  l  l  l  l  l  l  l  l   then tape that strip of paper below the power bar on your screen or monitor. Obviously the first line will be 10% power, 2nd line will be 20% power, 3rd line 30% power  etc....like 2 feet, 4 feet and 6 feet and so forth on a 20 feet scale right up to the final line of 100% power on a 20 feet scale.

Hope that helps you

Listee x

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 4:44 PM

Kalliste:
    Then mark that strip of paper with 10 lines l  l  l  l  l  l  l  l  l  l   then tape that strip of paper below the power bar on your screen or monitor.

Another option along these lines is to even go so far as buy a "clear screen protector" is removable but can adhere to the surface of your screen similar to what many would use on their cell phones or even an old clear ziplock bag you could cut down to size , mark with a permanent marker and tape to the edge of your monitor or mobile device and fold / flip over the swing meter when you are ready to use it or leave it in place.

it is the frugal method for those who don't join country clubs. or they just develop their own "overlay" similar to the compass, wind clock, ruler (transparent) that you then adapt to your swing meter.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 4:53 PM

el3n1:

Kalliste:
    Then mark that strip of paper with 10 lines l  l  l  l  l  l  l  l  l  l   then tape that strip of paper below the power bar on your screen or monitor.

Another option along these lines is to even go so far as buy a "clear screen protector" is removable but can adhere to the surface of your screen similar to what many would use on their cell phones or even an old clear ziplock bag you could cut down to size , mark with a permanent marker and tape to the edge of your monitor or mobile device and fold / flip over the swing meter when you are ready to use it or leave it in place.

it is the frugal method for those who don't join country clubs. or they just develop their own "overlay" similar to the compass, wind clock, ruler (transparent) that you then adapt to your swing meter.

That's a good idea using a cell phone protector.

its funny after all this time, people are still doing what we were doing 7-10 years ago. Making our own scales and taping it to the monitors.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 5:18 PM

DonCaron:

My first frugal attempt on my tablet was the old ziplock bag, but the cell phone protector occurred later and works better. it also leaves less doubt or question on a mobile device that it will still register your touch when you attempt to ding the meter.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 4:16 AM

el3n1:

DonCaron:

My first frugal attempt on my tablet was the old ziplock bag, but the cell phone protector occurred later and works better. it also leaves less doubt or question on a mobile device that it will still register your touch when you attempt to ding the meter.  

I have 5 of them for my IPhone. I didn't know the phone came with them, so I ordered some.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 4:39 PM

I'm still using post-its: One for each green speed. No calculator needed. 

:^) 

RSS