Forums

Help › Forums

Golfer or Gamer?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 26 2020 8:26 AM (3 replies)
  • Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 9:40 AM

Curios why everyone here plays this game. I’ll start.

Neither a golfer or gamer really. I found a golf game last year I thought I would tinker with. WGT.

Play real golf once a year with my brother in Charleston. I’m now playing about 150 holes a day on here.

So, probably would be considered gamer by most. This is the only “video game” I play though.

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 11:33 AM

Golfer but not played regular for few years .

I was a 18 handicapper and if i broke 90 i was happy .

One good shot then one bad shot was me .

Never could get backspin or hit 300 yard drives .

But on wgt i can do both from the comfort of my armchair .

Now i am so lazy i just go to my local driving range when i feel active . Don't have to walk after the ball that way .

They have a par 3 course as well . One hole drives me up the wall . It is about 130 yards with a pond in front and a hole at the crest of a hill . Leave it short and it comes back to your feet , hit it harder and the ball goes down the other side of green .

My score could be 8 , 9 or 10 sometimes ..

The worst bit about playing for real is on the first tee when the crowd goes silent as you have a practice swing . Then bang and it rolls 20 yards .

Not on wgt it doesn't . My best here is 16 under for 18 holes .

Only in my dreams in real live .

I take my dog for a walk around st andrews golf course and sometimes carry a club and have a few free hits when nobody is looking .

Then i sit on the swilken bridge up the 18th and eat my chips .

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 8:26 AM

Funny Craig.

When I first started playing with my brother in Charleston 20+ years ago, I often wondered where he got his golf balls from. He had a 5 gallon bucket full of them. No name on them just a red stripe going around them.

Of course one trip to the driving range with him told the story. He denied it. Lol

RSS