Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Vapour Iron set L95+

Sat, Apr 25 2020 3:11 PM (6 replies)
  • cholo777
    5 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 11:12 AM

Hi Guys

I know this set has been discontinued, also I am not yet at level 95, not far,my question is probably a stupid 1 but well worth asking, is there any way of obtaining this Iron set, can it be gifted to you, can you buy it from someone, I really want these if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help given or advice on another set which is equal or better,

Best#

Paul

• ZirjoGondar
    94 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 11:13 PM

Those are long gone, friend.  Not possible to obtain these days.  Even those who still have them cannot gift them.  The only way to gift equipment is to send it to another player straight from the pro shop; you can't buy an item and then gift it.

The Vapor irons began life at L100, and were reduced by 5 levels just before they were discontinued, so you may see players with either the L95 or the L100 version, but they're both the same set.  The closest current equivalent is the L100 Callaway Rogue Pro set.  It has a slower meter than the old Nikes (4 vs. 3.5).  All other attributes are the same.  In between these two chronologically was the L100 Callaway Apex iron set with a 3.7 meter, everything else being the same.

I play the L100 Rogue Pros and like them, although the performance of the L97 Rogues was nearly indistinguishable apart from an even slower meter speed (4.4).  I would recommend either set.  It's just a matter of which meter speed you prefer and whether you're patient enough to wait until L100. 

The L97 Rogues and the L100 Rogue Pros have been in the pro shop for over a year now, so there's a chance they could be replaced soon by a newer model (Mavrik, maybe?) with a slightly different meter speed.  If history is a guide, I would expect all other attributes to remain the same again.

Happy shopping. 

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 11:48 PM

1) The Nike irons are gone forever.  Nobody can gift them to you and you can’t buy them anymore.  So...

2) Be patient and get the Rogues at level 97

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 8:59 AM

cholo777:

Hi Guys

I know this set has been discontinued, also I am not yet at level 95, not far,my question is probably a stupid 1 but well worth asking, is there any way of obtaining this Iron set, can it be gifted to you, can you buy it from someone, I really want these if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help given or advice on another set which is equal or better,

Best#

Paul

A little glitch a while back, got me a set, no more though!

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 9:57 AM

andwhy67:
    A little glitch a while back, got me a set, no more though!

Don't tell el3n1. I think he's still a bit bitter about that whole glitch and information he was told by WGT. ðŸ˜€

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 1:10 PM

Robert1893:
    Don't tell el3n1.

: )  LOL   I think WGT rewrote the forum algorithms to prevent such topics from popping up on my burning ears, but like that helping VEM, I can usually sense when something is out there  : )  ...  Otherwise, I have to practically dig it up and find such juicy threads to chime in on them.  LOL  

hope all are well and staying safe, after all, there are more important things to worry about now.  keep washing your hands and stay safe people.  

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 3:11 PM

@Ed

😀

We're all staying well and safe. Just continuing to muddle through everything. I trust you're doing well. 

Interestingly enough, staying at home got a research project of mine jump started. Last year, I committed to writing a chapter in an edited book on teaching research methods. I had got nothing done on it, and the chapter is due at the end of May.

These last few weeks, I made significant progress on it. Coincidentally, my chapter is on teaching research methods as an online course. 

RSS