Trying to get to tour master level

Thu, Apr 23 2020 8:41 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MustangLarry
    29 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 4:23 PM

Hello everyone

I would appreciate some feedback.

I am level 80 and at Master level (63.7)  I have over 200 ranked rounds.  I understand I need to get to an average of 63 to reach tour master.

My question is, what is that number exactly.  I have never come close to shooting that low for a round. How is it computed so I know how to lower it?  Does it matter if I do 9 or 18 hole rounds?

Appreciate some clarification.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 6:05 PM

9 or 18 is all the same to WGT, they just double the 9 hole scores for average purposes.  Rounds on par 3 courses, or par 5 courses (I think) don't count toward average.

Find your personal easiest front or back 9 and shoot a bunch of 31s.  

Used to be you had to have a certain number of ranked rounds as master before you could tier up.  Maybe 40 (?)

I'm sure someone knows more than I do.   GL

Dave

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 8:02 PM

Larry you are in a dead club. The last time the owner played was 1/19 and you are the only active member in that club. I would suggest finding a club that is active. One that the owner plays daily that has some directors who can help you with your game. Look at the club roster and see how many players have played daily or close to it. This would let you know the club is active. Most active clubs have members that have been members of them for a while. An active club will have all sorts of in club tournaments  and most have some good teachers in them that us a voice chat. The voice chat will help you if talking to them how to hit the shot and why. 

Good luck in your quest to move up the ladder.  Hope this helps you along the way....

fireman33 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 8:44 PM

You need a 63.00 average and 40 Master rounds to advance to TM tier. Par3s incl Bandon plus Par5 and CC Custom courses do not count in!

Before going for the next tier, be careful what you wish for! Please accept the hint that, partly, the game won't change much (same tees) but it will become harder due to the rising green speed and competition.

Your score history shows about 28 Master rounds - you'll know where you were before your apparent pause(?)

There are also a two matchplay wins against Legends which will have contributed to lower your average.

I see good clubs in your bag (which is your standard driver?). The only remarkable material boost may come from custom balls. They will give you a slower meter and backspin! Try B-ES, Tour-SD, Srixon and Callaway for a budget start if you want.

What about your course management? Do you know where to put the approaches? Know where you lose shots? Know which shots aren't worth the risk? Study it to become better.

Do you play multiplayer games like A/S and strokeplay in a group? They may be fun plus eye openers in terms of strategies.

Have fun!

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 10:16 PM

I want to be a Tour Master too but WGT won’t let me drop down a rung dammit.

• MustangLarry
    29 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 10:14 AM

Thanks for the great feedback.  This helps a lot.

I just did a match play against a Tour Master and won and my average dropped from 63.7 to 63.2, just like that.  That may be part of my plan.

I rented clubs yesterday as part of the free rental day and will revert to my original clubs today, but they are still ok.

I will try to get some balls.  I will not pay for credits and cannot view videos on any of my browsers, so have to try surveys.  Not alot of fun.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Stay safe.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 10:49 AM

@MustangLarry

If you have a smartphone (Apple or Android), just download the app, log on, and watch videos that way. You can get 150 credits per day.

By the way, I hadn't completed any surveys in quite a while but recently started doing them. The surveys seem to be working out pretty well. Right now, a lot of companies appear to be fielding surveys revolving around the effects that COVID-19 is having on people's lifestyles. 

In the last 7 days, I've gotten almost 2,000 credits through surveys. Couple that with videos and that's not bad for a week. 

• MustangLarry
    29 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 10:55 AM

Robert1893:
    If you have a smartphone (Apple or Android), just download the app, log on, and watch videos that way. You can get 150 credits per day.

Great advice, I will do that.

I have also noticed COVID related surveys

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 1:30 PM

MustangLarry:
    I will not pay for credits and cannot view videos on any of my browsers, so have to try surveys.  Not alot of fun.
    How much is the fun worth if you aren't willing to invest in it?

(edited)

• MustangLarry
    29 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 3:27 PM

Fun stuff.

After beating two legends on match play today...I was promoted to Tour master after I hot an average of 63.

Thanks for the great advice.

• PAGES
RSS