Forums

Help › Forums

Shorter Ready-Go duration

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:32 PM (5 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 3:18 PM

I wrote a post back in 2011 I think regarding the ridiculous 12-hour duration of a Ready-Go. No one seemed to understand back then that you don't need to enter a RG unless you are ready to play; you won't miss out on a RG of that type as there is always one instance of every RG available. And today, 9 years later, no one still seems to understand that - players enter a RG and then wait nearly the full 12 hours to play it, meaning those of us who enter and play straight away have to wait the full 12 hours before we can play another.

The only reason I can see why anyone would want to take 12 hours to play a RG is collusion.  There is nothing else to be gained by not playing it as soon as you enter.

Keep the 12-hour RG's if you really have to, but please can we have some RG's that last no more than 2 hours from time of filling up. A 9-hole game takes no more than about 15 minutes, so 2 hours is more than enough time to play the game, and then we can enter another instance of that RG. This way we can comfortably play 5 or 6 of the same RG each day if we want rather than just 1.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 4:24 PM

Are WGT willing to reply to this?  It's pointless sending an email to ask support because no one replies to emails - I've sent two emails (on a different subject) over the last year or two and still waiting for a reply to either!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 5:21 AM
    I honestly believe it's because they don't want players winning too many credits too quickly Mio. If you play 1 you're good at or consistently make a profit in 5 times a day it wouldn't make you play 1 you're not so good at where you lose a few credits.
  • sammey1
    679 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 1:54 PM

One mystery is the 1 to 3 who sign up and never play it. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:16 PM

DAZZA501:
    I honestly believe it's because they don't want players winning too many credits too quickly Mio. If you play 1 you're good at or consistently make a profit in 5 times a day it wouldn't make you play 1 you're not so good at where you lose a few credits.

Wgt make 20% on rg's whoever wins them.  30 players make a loss, 10 make a profit. It doesn't matter to wgt who wins and loses.  Actually if the same people are the ones doing well in them then all the better for wgt, less players getting credits to spend and more needing to purchase some with real money.

Anyway I can't see it being anything like that.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:32 PM

MioKontic:
    I wrote a post back in

I honestly don't think you'll get the same level of response this time, Icon did at least try to answer back then.

As an addition rather than a replacement I think it'd be worth a try :-)

MioKontic:
    The only reason I can see why anyone would want to take 12 hours to play a RG is collusion.  There is nothing else to be gained by not playing it as soon as you enter.

Lol there are other reasons, you were given some back then. 

I sometimes enter the ones I like best before I go to work, play them when I get home then have the possibility of playing them again the same day.  If  I wait until I get home to enter there is no chance I'd be able to get the same one twice in a day.  That's just what works for me with the system we have.

RSS